A Meeting

HERE IS A LINK TO A COPY OF ALL THE SONGS USED IN THIS STORY IN ORDER OF THE CHAPTERS. THANKS. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBD6104868D145984

So..I don't own Stefan or Damon, L.J. Smith does. I do own all of the other characters though, so that's good. Pretty excited about that fact. I don't own the song or picture though. Sad. There isn't much that I do own. Anyway, comment, vote, fan. Tell me if I can improve on anything. That would be supremely awesome of you! My ramblings are pretty boring, so On with the reading! (And thanks for reading :D )

~~~~~*~~~~~

It was an ordinary November day, and I was in deep thought about math, which was my next class after lunch, something that I'm not good at. I was eating a fruit snack. I was too much in my own thoughts to care at that moment. 

"Aera, Aera, AERA!" My best friend Mackenzie yelled at me. I jerked my head up, only to realize that everyone was looking at me. Oops.  

"Yeah?" I said. I pretended like there was nothing wrong. 

"Look behind you, at the door way to the cafeteria. Mr. Tall, Dark, and Handsome is standing and talking with Erin." We were sitting on the top table, and my back was facing the rest of the room. 

I looked behind me and what I saw was amazing. I was staring, and I knew it. Erin was plain, but standing next to this guy, he was extremely plain. The guy had dark chocolate tousled hair, a mildly tan complexion, and piercing blue eyes that could cut through glass. He looked like he was in his very early twenties, but he was most likely a senior. 

"Wow." My friend Sara said. 

"Oh yeah." Mackenzie emphasized. "Where can I get one?" She let out a slight giggle. 

"Don't know, but when you find out, get one for me too, ok?" I said, still looking. I turned back around. 

"Hey Aera, they're coming this way." Sara said as she was slapping my arm, urging for me to turn around quickly. Her face was bright red with excitment.  

Blowing off her reaction, I replied. "Oh that's, nice." As I plopped another fruit snack into my mouth. My face was calm, but I was trying desperately hard not to look. 

"He's looking at YOU!" She shrieked enthusiastically. 

"Yeah right." I said rolling my eyes. I tried my best to to smile. I could feel the corners of my mouth pull up into one. 

"Sara's right. He is." Kenzie said. That was impossible. That was all that was running through my head. I'm plain and boring; I look like the rest of the girls here. I had regular brown hair to my shoulders, blue eyes, pale, short (compared to my friends at least), and I was mildly fit. He could have been looking at Sara. She was pretty. Blond hair, that goes to the middle of her back, dark, deep brown eyes, tall, and pale. She could be a Super Model. Then Kenzie was beautiful. She had dark curly hair that went all the way past her back, and had electric green eyes, and was very tall. There were also others up there. They could have been coming to talk to them. Not to some dumb juniors. 

I heard them step up onto the platform to the table where we were sitting. I needed out of there. I didn't know why, but everything in my body was screaming to get up and leave. Like the average, boring person I was, I did. 

"Let's go." I said looking down at the table. I stood up, and as I was about to grab my plate, there, in front of me was Erin and The Mystery Man. 

"Hi Erin." I said. I smiled at them both. 

"Hi Aera." He smiled back. "This is Damon Salvatore, Damon, this is Aera." He gestured between us. I smiled at Damon. He very gently grabbed my hand and kissed it. He held my hand as though it were glass, and at any moment he were going to break me. I mentally slapped myself for thinking about how soft his hands were. 

"Charmed." He said in a melodic and enchanting voice. His face had a very alluring smirk on it. 

I was on fire; my heart was pounding so hard that it was probably heard by all around me. I was burning up inside and I could feel myself starting to blush. I felt like I was being poked with hundreds of ice cold needles all over my face. I momentarily stopped breathing. 

It was a couple of seconds before I spoke, and Damon had let go of my hand and I hadn't even noticed. 

"Oh, Damon, these are my friends, Sara, and Mackenzie." I said a little too perkily.  

"Hi." They said in unison looking down at the floor trying not to smile. It was hard not to, I felt giddy just looking at him. I pushed my hair behind my ears as they spoke. 

"Hello." He said with a hint of humor in his voice. We were all so terribly obvious it was mildly painful for me to be around us. 

"Well we were just about to leave, I'm sure you to have something to do. It was nice meeting you, Damon." I said this as I was grabbing my tray. My friends had walked off the platform quickly leaving me behind.

I was about to walk down the stairs as someone grabbed my arm gently. I turned around, and it was Damon, I should have known that. He was the only one close enough to me to grab my arm. 

"Umm..." Was all I managed to say before he started to speak. My eyes gave him a puzzling look. I wasn't used to being stopped by an attractive man. 

"You just reminded me of someone I used to know. You can go now."Damon shook his head as he spoke. He let go of my arm, and I walked off. 

"Well thank goodness I have his permission to leave." I mumbled to myself rolling my eyes, but I could have sworn I heard someone chuckle.

~~~~~*~~~~~

Thanks! I'm hoping to see how well this chapter goes. Tell me if I should post the next chapter or not! Thanks tons!