Sometimes, He Could Be Such A Jerk

I was standing outside my bus stop, freezing my ass off. This was one of the times that I had actually wished that he was here to take me to school. I hated admitting that though, it made me feel very weak. The bus finally pulled up and opened its door.
  Oh great, this was a substitute bus driver, and a different bus. Life wasn’t going well so far. I went to the back of the bus and sat in the glossy gray seats. We started going down the hill to school, and the ride was bumpy all the way. There was hardly a second that went by that I was thrown all throughout the seats.
  We finally got off at the high school, and my head was spinning. It actually hurt. I walked into the school, feeling like crap. I quickly walked over to my locker, where my friends were waiting for me.
  "Hey Aera, what's wrong?" Kenzie said, sounding genuinely concerned, which was highly unusual for her.
  "Substitute bus driver." I said, putting my books away.
  "Are you going to be ok?" She asked.
  "I don't think so..." I said being overly dramatic. I shut my grey colored locker and walked over with them to stand while we waited for the bell to ring.
  "Why didn't Damon drive you to school?" Sara asked, leaning against the gaurd rail that surrounded to upperlayer of the library.
  "He said that he couldn't today, I have no idea why though." I was still trying to figure it out, it was very unlike him to not be around to make me severly annoyed.
  "Well, why don't you go ask him?" Sara said, pointing in the direction of his locker. He had just walked in, with his black leather jacket and retro sunglasses- although they weren't needed, it was a cloud filled snowy day. Any reasonable person would have no problemwith admiting how sexy he looked in them anyway, unfortunately, I had made my decision that morning to be highly unreasonable.
    My eyes widened and I was shaking my head very quickly back and forth. "No, I wouldn't do that." I was feeling polite today, and I didn’t have the energy either to deal with him and his moody self.
  Kenzie shrugged. "Well, then I will." She said, walking over towards him.
  "Don't you dare." My tone came out in a harsher manner than I had originally intended.
  "Oh, alright, but you're never going to get anywhere if you don't ask some questions."
  "Fine, I'll be right back." I could hear them giggling behind me. I walked across the school towards him, getting several sideways glances as I did.
  "Hey Damon." I said, practically groaning.
  "Miss me?" He said, smirking down at me. I wonder if he ever actually smiled. Then a group of giggling girls walked by. “Ladies, looking beautiful today.” He smiled at them. They all blushed and giggled and said a mixed up mumble of ‘thank you’. Some people fell for the silliest things.
  "You wish." I rolled my eyes. I quickly pulled myself together again and changed my tone, and my mood. "Hey-and I know that I'm going to regret saying this, but, are you going to be taking me home today?" I questioned hopefully, I couldn’t take another bus ride.
  "Why, do you want me to?" He did that eye thing that he did while smirking, I might add.
  "Possibly, but it's not because I enjoy your company.” I said, crossing my arms.
  "Sure it's not sweet heart." And he kissed me on my cheek lightly. He walked away to his first class. I turned around to go back to my friends, and Stefan was standing in front of me.
  I gasped quickly. "Oh, hi." I said with a surprised look on my face.
  "I'm sorry about the other day." He said, looking down at me.
  "Oh, no problem, I completely understand, you were just worried about it being a new school and a new start, right?" I was hoping I was right. I really didn’t like to be wrong.
  "Yeah. I'm telling you though Aera, you need to stay away from Damon, you're going to get hurt." Stefan leaned in closer to me to say so.
  "I know... I know." I said, and walked away with my head down. The bell rang, and I was walking into the class.
  "You have that Salvatore brother wrapped around your finger, ya know." Mickayla said to me. "I have Stefan though." she stated. Like I was supposed to be jealous or something of her and Stefan.
  "What?" I asked looking up from my computer, although I didn’t really care, it did catch me off guard.
  "Yeah, we're going out." She sat high in her chair, acting above me.
  "That's great. I'm happy for you." My voice was monotone and unaffected.
  "Are you and Damon going out?" she put her elbow on the computer desk and leaned towards me so no one could hear. I knew she was trying to get the inside scoop from me. There wasn’t much to say though. I kept typing away at my computer as I answered her very silly and stupid question.
  "No, I can hardly stand to be around him." I scoffed.
  "I always see him take you home and stuff though." She said, giving me 'the look'.
  "Yeah I know, it's complicated." I was telling the truth. It was complicated. Sometimes he was Mr. I'm-going-to-be-angry-for-no-reason. But other times he seemed very arrogant and mildly kind. I couldn’t decide which was worse.
  We continued with class, and the bell rang, and everything was fine until fourth period. I was just leaving English class when Damon came by and grabbed my hand and drug me out of the school to the cool outside, where it was snowing. I was shivering out in my short sleeved purple shirt. Winter's there were usually very harsh and cold.
  "What the Hell Damon, I'm going to be late for class." I yelled at him, drawing attention to the both of us, luckily hardly anyone was around outside.
  He looked at me with anger seeping through his eyes. "I have to talk to you."