Keep Your Friends Close and Your Enemies Closer

So, I wasn't going to update today, but then I caved and did anyway because I'm weak. Plus, I really like writing it as much as I hope you guys like reading it! Comment, vote, fan, that's always awesome! 

~~~~~*~~~~~ 

 “I have to go.” I said after we had kissed. We ended up on the couch somehow; I didn’t even notice that we moved.

  “I know.” I couldn’t believe how quickly the time went by. He bent down and grabbed my hand to pull me up.

  “I don’t want to leave you.” I put on my pouty face. I couldn’t figure out what I was needed home for, but if I wasn’t there I knew I would be in huge trouble anyway. What really boggled my mind though was why I didn’t want to leave him. It’s not like we were attached at the hip or anything.

  “I’ll meet you later tonight.” He led me outside to his car. It was a cold winters afternoon. You could tell that a storm was right around the corner. The clouds were dark above us and the trees. It was a mildly depressing sight.

  “Why did you ask me to the prom?” I questioned once we were in. Damon wasn’t the type that did that kind of thing. Or go to dances, especially school dances.

  “Do I have to have an explanation?” He raised his eyes.

  “It would be nice. It was just so out of the blue, it makes me think you’re up to something.” I winked at him. I surprised myself.

  “No. I was just thinking that everyone, or no one, would expect us to go, so I figured we should. Have you gone before?” he interrogated.

  “No. I thought about it, but our dance committee’s aren’t very creative.” I couldn’t help but tell the truth.  He laughed at me.

  He drove off to my house; we were there in seconds, thanks to his reckless driving.

  "Thanks Damon." I said, getting out of the car.

  "See you later tonight." He winked, and drove off. I walked up my steps and into the house, and up the stairs to the apartment.

  "Mom," I said as I walked into the kitchen and she was making a sandwich. “I want my hair cut again. I want it back to brown."

  "We'll have to dye it back, and your hair would be really short in order it to all be sort of even." She replied looking up.

  "I know that. I want it like Audrey Hepburn." I really hoped I would look good with it.

  "Well, I'll call for an appointment tomorrow." My mother sighed. She was probably getting bored with all of my hair changes. But it was something that I could control, and there was very little that I could control in my life anymore. It was all so very chaotic.

  "Thank you so much mom." I kissed her cheek.

  "Yeah. So what did you and Damon do?" she looked at me as she took a bite of her food.

  "We went and had lunch, nothing much really." I shrugged. It was the best lunch I had had in while though. It was like a mini escape. Everything seemed to disappear when I was with him. I was starting to get very emotional teenager about it. I had to stop myself.

  "Your friend Sara was by earlier, around 2:30." Oh dear God. My eyes widened and my mom gave me a strange look.

  "Oh, what did she want?" My voice went up in pitch from the surprise. She wasn’t herself. Who knows what Khalid could have had her do. I almost called Damon but I thought against it.

  "She left something for you; it's in your room, on your bed. I didn't see what it was." Oh great, another present from Khalid, goody. I was more frightened. I tended to be more sarcastic when I was scared.

  "Cool. I'll be back." I walked into my room, and on my bed was and envelope. It had my name on it in Sara's petite hand writing. I opened the letter, and took out the note written in it. It wasn't necessarily a short note.

  'Aera' it read

'We can no longer be friends; I do hope you realize this. Now that I'm with Khalid, I don't need any of you. I will continue going to school, but don't expect me to be around you anymore. You make me hate you. You and your 'boyfriend' seem quite happy together anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if Kenzie will tell you this sometime soon also. You can't see past yourself to see that everyone is annoyed by you. You need to realize that you aren't the only person in the world with problems. We all have them; it’s not my fault that Damon adds to your many. He’s not the problem here though, you are. You know that too. If you didn’t before, I pray that this note gets through to you and that you understand now.  Stay away from me, and nothing will go wrong.

Sara.'

  The letter was everywhere. It wasn't like Sara. She usually was so paranoid about everything having its place, that this was completely unlike her, and anyone that knew her, would know that she would never write something as unorganized as this. It was definitely her hand writing though; there was no doubt about it. There was definitely something wrong with her, and Khalid was behind it. I placed it on my desk and plopped myself down on to my bed wearily.