Why Me?

"You are so relentlessly unpleasant." I told Damon as we pulled into the school parking lot.

  "You love it." I stuck my tongue out at him, feeling very stupid. We arrived at school, like we usually did, and people always stared at us. I did sometimes feel like a celebrity. I was just waiting for pictures and an autograph.

  ‘Really people, you need to get over this.’ I thought to myself. They always acted like it was the first day they had ever seen it. I think that they all thought that it would just end though. The first day was awful though.

  Flashback:

  People stared, talked, whispered, gave me dirty looks, and they gave Damon looks of longing. I didn't know if I could take all this attention. I had always wanted to be an actress, so the way I had learned to deal with is, was acting like they were paparazzi. It was a little difficult, because I hated feeling like I was above all of them, but I got through it.

  "Damon," I whispered. I was blushing already, it should have been illegal to blush so early in the morning. I could tell the day was going to be bad.

  "Yeah?" He asked very coolly

  "This is awkward. I knew that you shouldn't have driven me." I wanted to put a paper bag over my head.

  "Get over it. It'll be fine." He commanded me. I was being very baby-like about it though.

  I glared at him, and we walked into the school.

  Now:

  "Damon, I think that I should go back to riding the bus." I told him. I didn't really want to, but if it meant staying away from him, I would take my chances.

   He rolled his eyes. I think that he could see through my lies. I was determined to get much better at the lying thing. It certainly would help my cause at the moment. I wouldn’t be stared at, and there wouldn’t be any awkward silences in his car. I often created them, but still. The problem remained.

  I walked over to my locker, where Sara and Kenzie were waiting for me.

  "Hey beautiful.“ Kenzie said to me, laughing.

  "Dude, you look like crap." Sara told me.

  "Do I really?" I said, getting my mirror out of my locker.

  "No, I'm just kidding. I just wanted to see what you would do." She smiled at me.

  "So, how was riding with Mr. Salvatore this morning?" Kenz asked

  "It was fine, as fine as riding with a loathsome person can get." I said, rolling my eyes.

  "I don't see how you think it's so awful. He's gorgeous. He also smells amazing! Any girl would be glad to be in your place."

  "A) I don't want to know how you know how he smells, and B) any other girl should be in my place. I would be happy, ecstatic actually, for them to be in my place."

  "Whatever. Let's go to class you two." Sara said to us. She was always the one to stop our 'quarrels'.

  The bell rang, and we left.

  After school was over, and since I got let out a few minutes earlier than Damon, I quickly ran to the bus. God was he going to be pissed. I didn't even understand why he wanted me to ride with him. Maybe he thought it was one of those dominant things, it was strange though. I ran to my usual seat, and ducked down underneath the window. 'He should be getting out about now.' I thought to myself. And not long after I thought that, I happened to look up, and alongside the bus, was the familiar Ferrari. I quickly looked back up, I felt like there was something inside of me saying that it would be a good thing for me to do so. I saw him beckoning to me through the tinted window.

  "Hey Aera, who's that?" my bus driver asked me.

  "My worst nightmare." I laughed. I flipped him off as I gathered my stuff to walk off the bus.                                 

 "See ya Kathy." I said to my driver, as I walked off the yellow bus full of screaming children.

  "Good luck." She said, chuckling at me. I walked in front of the bus and over to the passenger’s side of the car, opened the door, and got in. Damn him.

  "I can't take you to school tomorrow." He said after we drove a little bit.

  "Why?" I asked. The way he put it was... mysterious. I usually didn't give into the 'asking questions' part of the drive.

  "Reasons." He looked straight ahead. Him and his vagueness. It made me angry every time he was, I did have some sort of anger issue though I figured.

  "Alright." I guess I would find out eventually from him, one way or another. I hoped.

 ~~~~~*~~~~~

I know, it's short,,,, again. Sorry, I'll have more up later!