Chapter 4

A Thug's True Love: Chapter 4

~Lexis P.O.V.~
~The Next Day~

"You're one hundred percent sure about what we just did?" I asked as we were walking out of city hall.

"I think it will be better" She smiled back at me. We now have joint custody over the boys. She and I have been talking about it for the past couple of years but never actually did anything. Now that she is with Arls she wanted to be in a place of her own but still have custody over the boys. I didn't want her to leave because I loved her being in the house but if it's what she wants then so be it.

"You know you're always welcome to move back in without any hesitations right?"

"Thank You, you going to be alright with them on your own" She laughed

"You think I can't take care of our boys?" I opened her door for her

"No" She smirked at me then hopped in. I walked around to my side and hopped in.

"wow. I bet I can take better care of them than you" I saw her give me that 'nigga please' look. "Don't give me that look, we both know it."

"Okay, whatever you say Lexis" She laid her head against the glass window and closed her eyes. I had plans to go out to lunch with Leah and DeShawn today and just kind of catch up with her and her bullshit.

After about a 10 minute drive I pulled up to the house.

"You going to have the boys help you start packing or are you going to wait till I get home later?" I asked

"I'll just have the boys help me. It's Saturday so they probably don't have anything to do" She gave me a hug then got out of the car. I sent a text to DeShawn tellin him I was on my way to the diner around the corner from Mom's house.

~DeShawn P.O.V.~

I hated my mother.

Whenever I had to go over to her house it was like I was being sent to hell. There was always yelling and screaming. But when my mom was actually sane she was a really good person. She was loving, caring, and just the ideal mom but that was rare.

"Mom, Dad said he's on his way to the diner!" I yelled throughout the house as I was putting on my shoes. I couldn't wait to go to lunch and see Dad.

"Alright, get my keys!" She yelled back at me. Today was one of those rare days where she was actually happy. She came from around the hall and I tossed her the keys. "You ready?" She smiled at me. I nodded my head and followed her out the door.

~10 Minutes Later~

I saw Dad standing by his car as we pulled up next to him.

"Hey Leah" He said as he pulled her into a hug

"Hey Lexis" Mom said back. He let go of her and walked over and dapped me.

"Hey Dad"

"Hey, y'all ready?" We followed him inside and a waitress greeted us. She walked us over to a booth and handed us our menus. "So what's new with you two?" Dad asked without taking his eyes off his menu.

"Not much" I said blankly

"I have a new boyfriend" Mom said with so much content. I forgot to mention, she has a new guy in her life. She claims he makes her happy but I think she is in yet another abusive relationship. Whenever he comes over I just leave the house. I don't know his name or anything about him.

"really? who is it?" Dad asked not really paying much attention. I laughed to myself  a little.

"His name's Aaron, we've been together for a little over 2 weeks"