Chapter 3

A Thug's True Love: Chapter 3

~Ty P.O.V.~

Trey was upfront with Dad while I sat in the back seat. I want to just tell you my opinion of how the last 7 years have been for me.

As far as Mom and Dad's relationship, I like them not together because they are both happier when they aren't together. There were a few times where Mom and Dad were actually together but Mom would always call it off because Dad would usually end up doing something. So when they told Trey, DeShawn and I their situation and what they were going to do as far as raising us, it seemed understandable. I personally loved how the way my life turned out.

After school Dad would always take us to his trap house and we would hang around with our Uncles and other members from Dad's gang. Uncle Varo would take us out back and let us practice shooting all the different kinds of guns, but Dad never knew about that.

"So if mom calls any of your phones, let me know. I'm startin to worry a lil bit about her, aight?" Dad asked as he pulled up to Trey and DeShawn's school.

"Ight, peace" Trey hopped out and I watched him walk off into the main hallway at his school.

"Dad, did you go to that school?" I asked

"I went to a different school first, then I transferred to this school." He said in kind of a sad voice. He pulled out of the school and was now driving in the direction to my school.

"Oh. Are you okay?" I looked at through his rear view mirror and saw a glimpse of his face.

"Yeah" he sighed

"Is it mom?"

"Yup, but it's okay. Don't worry about me" He gave me a weak forced smile and continued to drive. I knew Dad still loved Mom and I think it hurt him.

The remaining drive was silent. I had my ear buds in and just sat back as we drove by houses, cars, and other kids walking to school.

"aight, I'll be back later to get you" Dad said

"See ya" I hopped out, adjusted my backpack and started walking in through the big gates of my school.

~Nicole P.O.V.~

I seriously couldn't believe Uncle Varo. So after he made me text my dad he tied me to a chair. With the help of D1 and D2.

"Why do I have to be tied?" I asked annoyed

"Because Dad said we needed rope practice-"

"and he didn't want you to try to sneak off" The twins literally finish each other sentences.

"Wow." They laughed and ran off to some part of the house.

"Hey everyone" Dad said as he walked in. He was holding hands with Nelle.

"Hey Dad" I said. They both looked over at me confused until Uncle Varo came downstairs.

"Sup y'all. So Nicole has a lil somethin to tell you Arls"

"what?" Nelle let go of his hand and walked over to give Uncle Varo a hug.

"Uncle Varo is insane." I spat at him

"Watch the attitude. That's nothing new. Tell me seriously, Nicole" He looked at me with a stern look.

"Alright, Well I had a boyfriend back in Detroit and he was part of a gang. I told him I was moving back to Oakland and he came out to with the rest of his gang. I had no idea he was coming or anything, I swear" I looked at his face and he looked pissed.

"Nicole. Are you fucking serious? A gang. Do you not listen to me at all when I talk to you? I told you absolutely no boyfriends at your age. Especially from a gang. It's like I'm talking to a brick wall. When we get home, You just lost every inch of freedom." Dad never yelled at me. He never rose his voice but when he's disappointed I can hear it in his voice and it always makes me feel terrible.