Chapter 8

A Thug's True Love: Chapter 8

~Nicole P.O.V.~
~The Next Morning~

I woke up comfortably in AJ's arms. His soft snores filled the room and I could feel his steady heartbeats against my cheek. I know what was I doing with a guy like AJ? Well to be honest I wasn't looking for a guy like him, we bumped into each other by accident. His cousin and I were pretty good friends and she invited me to a fire pit at her house. So I came and when I went to get a water AJ and I bumped into each other and instantly from there we hit it off.

When I first saw him, I thought he was kinda scary cause of all his tattoos and he had his bandanna around his mouth. But he pulled the bandanna down and apologized. I fell in love with his voice, it was deep and husky. He grabbed my hand and lead me to a secluded area in the backyard. We sat there and talked for hours. I'll just go into a flash back so you can just see for yourselves.

~Flash Back~

"Bye Dad! I'm going to Jessica's then I'll be home in a few hours, I'll call to let you know I"m on the way home!" I yelled at the front door.

"Alright, be careful, love you!" Dad yelled back at me. It was about an hour before sunset so it was all orange outside. I had on some black shorts, a light pink crop top that showed just a tiny bit of my belly and some white vans. No need to get dressed up but it was hot out. Jessica lived about 10 minutes away so it wasn't that far of a walk. I put my ear buds in and let the music be my company the whole walk.

~10 Minutes Later~

I got to Jessica's house and it wasn't packed with people like I thought it would be. It was just our friends with someone of her family.

"Oh em geee I'm so glad you could come!" Jessica screamed, yeah she was that peppy type but I still loved this girl

"I'm glad I could come too!" I gave her a hug

"Everyone is out back, the cooler is out there too! You basically know everyone so enjoy yourself" She lead me inside and I was greeted by all our friends. I'm not going to go into details about them because everyone is unique and we just don't have the time.

I walked out back and saw the cooler. The people out back were people I'd never seen before. I just ignored em and walked to the cooler. I felt someone back up into me causin me to fall over.

'Ow what the-" I stopped when I saw his face, well what was visable of his face.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry ma, here let me help you up" He said as he pulled down his bandanna. He held out his hand and pulled me up.

"It-ts okay" I kinda stumbled on the words. He was really hot. Like wow.He had these sparkling yet calming blue eyes that only drew you in.

"You sure? I kinda backed up into ya hard" He laughed kinda shyly, oh my god, his laugh was adorable!

"yeah I'm sure" I smiled at him. I just realized he was still holding onto my hand

"AJ, you?"

"Nicole"

"That's a sexy name, come with me" I was kinda hesitant but with him bein him, I followed along.

"Thanks" I could feel my cheeks getting warm. He led us to this little area, he sat down and pulled me down with him.

"So why you here?" He asked

"I'm friends with Jessica, you?" I looked at him better and he had on a black wife beater that showed off his tattoos.He had quite a lot of tattoos too!

"Oh good shit, I'm her cousin" He said with that laugh of his. We continued to just talk for hours, like we forgot there was even a part back inside. The stars were out and we were laying right night to each other. He had his arm wrapped around me and it literally gave me goosebumps. His cologone was just to die for. He was part of a gang though...great.

"So who's your boy toy?" He asked. He was playing with my hair by this time.

"I don't have one, who's your main hoe?" I laughed

"You ain't got a boy toy? Why not? and what chu talkin about a main hoe? Just cause I'm in a gang you think I got hoes?" He said with a smirk

"I don't know, I just don't and basically yeah"

"Oh well then shit you should let me be your boy toy" My heart basically just bursted out of my chest. Here I was, layin wrapped in some guys arms who I found out was 17, part of a gang, and I'm falling for him...I couldn't wait to tell Dad this one. "Well?" He snapped me out of my thoughts

"I don't know" I said kinda shyly

"You need a lil more convincing huh?" He laughed. Before I could even say another word his lips were aready crashed against mine. His lips were so soft and juicy like I can't really describe it, just as we were about to deepen it he pulled away. "So what do you say?"

"Alright you can be my boy toy" I said through small laughs.

~End Of Flash Back~

To explain that would have taken ages but there you go. So since that day in Jessica's backyard we've been together. Yeah I've gotten in a lot of trouble with him, I'm talkin about police trouble, not Dad trouble. Dad also didn't know about that. I spent the night in a jail cell with AJ once and it was the scariest thing ever. Ice paid our bail and got us out but I was terrified and AJ wasn't even slightly phased by it.

Did I love AJ? Regardless, he was my first everything. First boyfriend, first kiss, and first love. It's just all the trouble he get's into is ridiculous. He can be hot headed but he never directs any anger towards me which is why I like him so much. He can control himself when he's around me but when I'm not around I have no idea what he's like. Once you got past his hard exterior he was a squishy love bug. When he told me once he would take a bullet for me...he wasn't kidding! He actually did at one point. So this is why I do what I do for him, I really do love him.

"You're already awake?" He asked sleepily

"Yeah, just for a few minutes" I smiled at him, he rubbed his eyes then pulled me in for a kiss. Every time he kissed me it sent chills racing down my body and it put the butterflies in my stomach.

"So what's up with you for the day?" He asked after I pulled away.

"I don't know, I want to text my Dad but-"

"I'll text him for you" He smiled with his cheesy lil smile. I handed him my phone and he went searching through my phone. "Aye, who's "That Guy(;" in your contacts?" He rose an eyebrow. I looked at the phone and I had no idea who it was.

"I honestly don't even know, call it" I laughed. He shrugged his shoulders and pressed the call button.

*Phone Convo*
???: Aye Nikki, what's gucci girl
"Oh my god! Hang up!" I yelled
*End Of Phone Convo*

"Who the hell was that?" He laughed

"That was my damn Uncle Varo! The one who shot you" I sighed

"Oh shit, oh well, Imma still text your Dad for ya though. You do need to figure out where your gonna be chillin cause I know the hospital wont let you stay here" He let out a sigh of disappointment before going back to texting.

"You're right, but oh well. Hopefully my Dad won't be too pissed at me"

"Just be upfront"

"Easy for you to say, you don't live with your Dad"

"True but still, Id want my daughter to be upfront with me, oh and by the way he said he's on his way here."

"I don't wanna go" I said against his chest

"I don't want you to either, but we'll see each other again so I ain't even trippin" He kissed my forehead. I got up and grabbed my hoodie off the counter. I gave him one more kiss before I walked out to the waiting room and to my surprise he was already in the waiting room. He wasted no time getting here.

"Oh my God, Nicole are you okay?" He came running up and embraced me in a big hug

"Yeah, why?" I struggled to say.

"I got your text, you said you were in the hospital so I basically ran every stop sign and light just to get here. Thank God you're okay, why are you even here? You're supposed to be with your Mom" He looked at me with a hard look.

"Long story short, I ran away cause mom brought 2 guys to the house and I was locked in my room so I ran away, and a friend drove me here where I stayed with AJ" I closed my eyes cause I didn't want to see his expression. I heard him sigh then felt him gently grab my wrist and led me outside. I was greeted with a cool breeze that pushed my hair in my face.

I got in the car and Dad just sat there with his head resting on the steering wheel. It was silent and kinda awkward but I didn't wanna break the silence.

"Are you okay though Nicole?" He finally said

"Yeah I'm fine, am I in a lot of trouble?" I asked.

"You already know the answer" He picked up his head and started the car. I used the time being that I had my phone to continue texting AJ. I kept looking over at Dad and he looked so sad and upset, I felt bad because it was my fault.

~Chanelle P.O.V.~

I woke up feeling amazing, last night when Lexis and I were together for the night was actually pretty fun. We stayed up for a while just kissing each other and teasing each other about everything. It reminded me of the times back when we were first together. I was kinda bummed that it was morning cause that meant we were split up again.

The door opened and in walked in Lexis with a proud smirk on his face.

"Good Morning, Nelle" He jumped on the bed and laid back against the head board

"Morning Lexis, how are you?" I laid back against him so my head was right under his chin

"I'm actually feelin pretty gucci, how are you?" We wrapped his arms around me and held me close to him. I felt so much comfort and like a feeling of safety was there too.

"I'm feelin pretty good too, what are your plans for today?" I said in-between small laughs

"I don't know yet, but I think you and Me should go on a date" He wiggled his eyebrows

"Lexis, I'm still with-"

"Nah, you still want me though. leave him, plus he got his hands full with Nicole n shit" He laughed

"You're so mean! He's going to be hurt if I leave him though" I sighed.

"Okay really Chanelle, you two couldn't possibly work. 1. He's my best friend and Trey's God Father. 2. You have kids with me and he has a kid with someone else, how the hell y'all going to make that work? I know he makes you hella happy but real talk, you know y'alls couldn't actually work" Why the hell does he have to be right about that. Of all the times he chooses to be right about this.

"Alright, you're right. I best end it before we get in too deep" I pulled away from him and hopped off the bed

"That's the spirit. Imma go drop the boys off at school, I'll be back in a lil while ight?" I nodded my head and watched him walk out of the room. I put my hair up in a high bun then walked out of the room and walked downstairs. All 3 boys were at the door waiting for Lexis.

"Momm-"

"Trey, knock it off" I laughed. I gave all the boys a kiss before I walked out the door and headed over to Arley's house.

~5 Minutes Later~

I walked up his drive way and walked into his house.

"Arley? Where are you, we need to talk" I said as I walked over to the kitchen. I heard him jog down the stairs and come into the kitchen

"Hey, what's up?" He said as he sat up on the counter next to where I was standing.

"Not much but we really do need to talk" It was killing me that I had to break up with him. I really did like him but when you separate it as black and white without grey areas, there really was no way it could have ever worked unless we really did meet from the beginning

"What's wrong?"

"I'm just going to be straight up with you. We aren't working and can't work. As much as we do like each other, there is just no way, and with Nicole and everything, I don't want to be a distraction" Now that it was out in the open I felt a little better but the fact he didn't say anything right back is what made me feel guilty as fuck. "Arley?" I said in a soft voice.

"Alright, I feel from where you're coming from. We still gucci though?" He gave me a weak smile

"Always" I walked over and gave him a hug.

"I'm glad, and Nicole's back" He said with a small laugh

'So soon? Why?" He explained to me everything that went down and damn. "You have one badass for a daughter, so what are you going to do?"

"I don't even know. She tells me she loves AJ too. Ain't that just great?"

"really? damn, how you feel about that?"

"She's 15, the fuck she know about love-"

"You and Heather."

"Okay but look what happened with us" He laughed

"Is she sleepin with him?"

"Nah"

"Then you're fine, let her have fun with AJ. She's a smart girl. If you try to keep her away from him, she'll only be more determined to go see him, just saying. That's how I was with DeAnte at first"

"But why from a gang. Why"

"Why not? Thugs are fuckin sexy, just saying. But yeah not the best choice for her but the heart wants what the heart wants. Imma split n let you handle your Nicole problem, If I were you I'd get to know this AJ kid. He already knows Alvaro" I laughed before I walked back out of the kitchen

"Yeah I guess I should make an effort but I still say no to this, she's 15 and he's 17, that ain't right."

"J and Makenzie weren't right. They was 3 years apart and they was hookin up" I said like a smartass

"You just have an example for everything don't you?" He laughed

"You know it, but for real, Imma go!" He waved as I walked out the door.

Talk about a mess Arls was in...Nicole really does have guts though, so I give her props for that but she needa calm herself.

~Lexis P.O.V.~

I finally got my keys and was now headed to drop off the boys.

As usual Trey sat right up front with me and DeShawn n Ty was in the back.

"So what's gucci now?" Trey asked

'Quit sayin gucci, that's my word, shit. and Mom going to go break up with Arls n Imma take Mom out on a date tonight, so you boys needa figure out what to do after school"

"I'm hangin with Brittney after school so I ont know what they're doin" Trey laughed

"You? You're hangin out with a chick?" He nodded his head "Yeah alright, what are you boys gonna do after school?"

"I wanna go chill at the trap house with Uncle Varo" DeShawn said

"Alright, I'll get him to come pick you both up after school n y'all can go chill there." Both boys nodded. "And you, where y'alls gonna go after school? You going to take her to some park with like a juice box and split a sandwich with her"

"Ha Ha So funny Dad. But no, we're gonna walk around n go to a movie" He was glued to his phone. Reminded me of Chewy. I stopped the car suddenly and his phone hit his face. "OW! Dad!"

"You shouldn't be on your phone so much! Ain't my fault" I laughed

"That's messed Dad" Ty laughed too

"Oh well, DeShawn. what chu lookin at?"

"He probably lookin for his girlfriend" Trey teased

"Girlfriend? Who?" I turned around and looked back at DeShawn

"Her name is Rachel, we been together since the middle of summer. I met her when we went to the beach with Uncle Javier and Aunt Riley"

"Good shit, ight get out, otherwise Ty's going to be late. I'll see y'all later on tonight. Trey."

"What?" He stopped as he was about to close the door

"Save your brownie for Brittney later on" He slammed the door and I erupted in laughter, I had tears rollin down my cheek n everything.

"I ain't ever tellin you if I like a girl" Ty said

"Boy I already know you got a little thing for Isabella, so don't even start. I just ain't sayin anything cause you too young to understand the jokes I do with Trey n DeShawn. You wouldn't get em"

"I don't like Isabella!" He yelled

"That's such bullshit! I saw you lookin at her last night! I ont care cause she isn't your blood cousin, but if she was I would have knocked you ass out for likin her"

"Whatever" he rolled his eyes

"I know everything that goes on, so y'all ain't slick" I pulled up to Ty's school and he jumped out of the car without any hesitation and walked so fast through the gates. I loved my boys, it was always so fun to embarrass em or tease em.

I was now on my way back home. I needed to think about what to do for Nelle n I's date. I wanted it to be special n all but I just don't know what to do?

~Alvaro P.O.V.~

"I'll take em to school, I promise, please Bailey" I begged

"No you won't. You'll let them stay home again because you don't like to be alone at the house and you are so overly attached to the twins. I'm taken them to school so you can say bye to them now" She laughed. Just so y'all know, yes. I may be more attached to them than the average parent but they are just so fun!

"Fine" I sighed. They came downstairs with such sad looks on their faces

"Dad, I want you to take us to school" D1 whined

"I know man. But Mom said she takin you"

"Mooooooooom" They both said at once

"He will be there to pick you up after school, come on let's go." She opened the door and out they went. This blows.

~1 Hour Later~

"Hi I'm here for Dante and Darius, they have a doctors appointment" I said to the lady at the front desk in the office.

"Alright they're sending them up now. Have a nice day" She smiled at me

"Thank You, and if you could please not tell their Mother. She doesn't know I changed their appointment to today" I said

"Of course"

Sucker.

I walked out and there were my boys.

"Alright, we going to go get cousin DeShawn and Ty then we going to the trap house and I'll let y'all use the guns in the target room, ight?" They nodded their heads and ran off to the car. I think calling me the best dad ever would be an understatement. I put fun before my children's education but that's okay. The boys know their right from their wrong so they're set for life.

I pulled up to DeShawn's school. I wonder if they still remember me?

"Boys, stay here. I'll be right back" They nodded their heads and continued playin on my phone. I walked into the office and all eyes were on me,

"Why are you back?" My old Spanish teacher asked

"I'm here to pick up one of Lexis's boys and take him to a doctors appointment" I smirked

"Oh thank god. I thought you had a kid here" She started writing out a pass

"Oh I have kids. I got twin boys, they're in the car" Her face looked like she'd just seen a ghost

"take your pass and go get him. He's in I2" She handed me the pass and took off to the back. I walked in the halls until I got to I2. I opened the door and there he was.

"DeShawn, let's roll out, Yo ass got a doctors appointment" He looked at me confused but got his things and followed me out.

"Doctors?"

"Nah, we goin to the trap house to use the guns n shit" I laughed. "we needa get Ty then we all good to go" He hopped up front and off we were to get Ty.

~20 Minutes Later~

"It's just us today, so y'all know the rules. Imma be by the bar so DeShawn you're in charge of the boys in the target room got it?" He nodded his head and they took off around the corner. It was now just me and my bar.

~Arley P.O.V~

It hurt me that Nelle n I broke up, but I did need to focus on my wild child. I walked upstairs to her room and let myself in.

"Hey Dad" She said. I still didn't take away her phone so she was texting away on it.

"Hey baby girl, we needa seriously talk" I took a seat at her desk chair and swung it around so I was facing her.

"Alright"

"tell me everything that you know that I don't. I won't get mad, this is your chance to spill the beans" She nodded her head and I just sat back and listened as she told me all these things she had gone through with AJ and his gang troubles. "wait. Jail?"

"Yes, let me explain. We were driving along and his tail lights were out so we got pulled over. Well the cops checked his car and found the drugs we were on our way to go sell so we were in jail for on night. It was the night I called you and told you I was sleeping over at Jessica's house for the weekend" My daughter was in jail. With her boyfriend. and I didn't even know. She continued for almost another 20 minutes telling me all the trouble she had gotten into.

"Just wow. You've been in more trouble than me. I'm 30 and have never even been in jail and I've been doing what you and AJ were doing since I was 14"

"I know, I'm sorry Dad but I do love him" There were the words I didn't want to hear.

"Well then I think you should let me meet him." Her eyes widened

"I don't think that's a good idea"

"Why?"

"He knows you're in a gang with Uncle Varo"

"So? I'm friends with a lot of people who are from different gangs. I wanna meet him otherwise you're leaving him and I'll ship you out of the country."

"fine. but I told you I thought it was a bad idea."

"we'll just have to wait and see. We'll go see him tomorrow morning" I got up and walked out of the room. This should be fun. Since we're dealing with another gang member I'll try to get Marc to come with me just in case. You can never be too sure with other gang members.