Chapter 17

A Thug's True Love: Chapter 17

~Chanelle P.O.V.~
~A Few Days Later~

I've been locked away in my room for the past couple of days. All I do is just lay on the bed alone, lost in my thoughts.

It still hadn't suck in that Ty was still in a coma. I haven't heard the latest about him since I haven't been out of my room.

Lexis, Trey and DeShawn regularly come into the room and try to talk to me or just lay in bed with me but I just don't feel right.

"Lil ma?" Lexis whispered in my ear. I didn't even hear him come into the room.

I turned over and looked at him as he lightly shook me. I felt my eyelids were heavy but not the sleepy kind of heavy.

"Come on, the boys are at school and I want to go visit Ty. You should come with me" at this point he was playing around with my belly button piercing. I want to see Ty but I don't want to see him and be told he's only getting worse.

"What if he's getting worse?"

"Well then so be it, but I know he'd love to hear your voice and know both of his parents are there for him"

"Alright, let me get dressed and we can go" He gave me a kiss then walked out of the room. I got up and walked right to the shower.

~30 Minutes Later~

I was dressed in some cute black shorts, a hot pink tank top, black toms and my hair was put up in a high bun. I just finished brushing my teeth and headed downstairs to find Lexis sitting around playing on his phone.

"You look sexy" he said as he bit his lip

"Thirsty much?" I laughed

"Thirsty for you" oh my god. "Anyways, you ready?"

"Yeah I'm ready" He grabbed his keys then grabbed my hand and lead me out the door. The house looked a lot different within the past few days. I can't really describe it but it felt more empty, not from Ty being away but just empty in general.

I got in the car and to my surprise King was in the back.

"What's King doing here?"

"We never take him out anymore, plus we're goin to Arls after. He said he got a hell of a lot to tell us." He laughed as he backed the car out of the driveway. He let go of the wheel with his right hand and held my left. "You heard from your Mom lately? She hasn't seen the boys in forever"

"I haven't talked to her since I heard she was still talking to my Dad. I don't want my Dad to know anything about me or the family, especially the boys" I haven't talked to my Mom in a couple months, maybe even a year? I miss her like crazy but if she's associating with my Dad, I ain't associating with her.

"She still talking to him?" Lexis said with a little hint of venom in his voice

"Yup. Last I talked to her, that's what she said. Since then I've had nothing to do with her." She doesn't even live in Oakland anymore. I think she moved up to Washington or some state like that.

"Well damn, my mom wants to come out and have like a family dinner. You, me, the kids, your mom, my mom, my dad, Chewy, and Renee."

"Oh, I like that idea except for my Mom" I laughed

"My mom scary as fuck. She slapped the shit out of Chewy n I last time she was out here. Our asses glot served"

"Oh my god, y'alls got slapped?"

"There were red hand marks across our faces" He laughed as he pulled up to the hospital. I didn't even realize how fast we had gotten to the hospital. I had a knot in my throat as I unbuckled my seatbelt and slip out of the car. Lexis was right next to me and pulled me in for a warm comforting hug "everything'll be fine, just relax" I nodded my head and together we walked into the hospital.