Chapter 5

A Thug's True Love: Chapter 5

~Nicole P.O.V.~

~30 Minutes Later~

I finally got to the hospital and I was so excited to see AJ. I walked inside and went straight to the front desk.

"Hello Miss How Can I Help You?" The nurse asked

"I'm looking for an AJ Prince"

"Room 302" She pointed down the hall and gave me a smile. I smiled at her back and walked down the hall she pointed to. For a hospital it was actually pretty calm. Not many doctors or nurses running around like back in Detroit.

I got to his room and quietly slipped into his room. He was sleeping but he looked so cute when he was asleep. His shirt was off and his shoulder was all wrapped up.

"AJ" I whispered as I lightly shook him. He moved around a little then slowly opened his eyes.

"Hey baby, what chu doin here?" He carefully sat up and kissed me cheek.

"I came to come make sure you were okay. I'm so sorry for what my Uncle did. I didn-"

"Babe, it's okay. Don't trip over it. He part of a gang?"

"Yeah, he, my dad, and my other uncles are"

"You know where their trap house is?" I shook my head no. "Oh, alright. How much trouble you in since I'm guessin yo pops knows"

"I'm grounded for a long ass time. I'm not even supposed to be here but since he wouldn't take me to see you, I just snuck out while he was with his girlfriend"

"When did you become such a badass? You were always scared of even calling me when your pops was around and now you're sneaking around?" He laughed

"I don't even know, but I felt like I owed it to you to come make sure you were okay. You weren't really going to shoot my uncle were you?" He grabbed my hand and just held it.

"Yeah I was, but I didn't expect him to shoot like that" He laughed a little

"He's kinda psychotic." I laughed

"I can tell, is he like your biological Uncle or what?"

"He's one of my Dad's best friends so are all the members in his gang. Us kids, call them our Uncles, and we call their girlfriends or wives Aunts'

"Oh, that's legit." We continued talking for a while longer. He pulled me on the bed and I was tracing along his tattoos as we kept talking. "Baby girl, I think you need to get home before yo pops finds out you're gone" He whispered in my ear.

"But I don't wanna leave. I like being here with you" I whispered back to him

"I know, I love you bein here but you need to go home" I slowly got up and adjusted my shirt.

"I'll try to come back as soon as I can"

"Alright thanks babe" He pulled my face to his and gave me one of his passionate kisses that only made me weak in the knees.

"Bye" I said against his lips. He let me go and I turned around and walked out of the room. I looked at the clock on the wall and it was already 11...shit.

I walked out of the hospital and started taking the back alley's home. It was dark. I was cold. and I knew deep down in my heart Dad was probably going to kill me.

~30 Minutes Later~

I reached our backyard and quietly hopped the fence. I saw my Dad's light on in his room and the chain to the back door was still unlocked so he must not have noticed I was gone.