Chapter 12

A Thug's True Love: Chapter 12

~DeShawn P.O.V.~
~After Practice~

Football was my passion. I loved it and wanted to pursuit with it more than the gang stuff that Trey wants to get involved with.

After practice I started to walk out towards the bleachers to get my backpack and stuff when I saw Nicole sitting there messing around with her phone. I ain't ever met her but Dad would show us pictures of her so I immediately knew who she was.

"Aye Nicole, what chu doing here?" I reached down for my backpack and slipped it over my shoulders before being pulled in for a hug

"I wanted to come say Hi, I've never met you only seen pics, like what you've probably done" She let go and gave me a warm smile. She was a lot shorter than what I expected, but she looked like she was taller than Mom.

"That's nice, I'm guessin you n I finna walk home?" She nodded her head and we started to walk along the sidewalk. "So what's up?" I asked

"Nothing much, except the move and my boyfriends gang coming out here too"

"Gang? Wow Arls let you associate with a guy from a gang?"

"Shocking right? but yeah, what about you?"

"Eh, girlfriend and I broke up today. Kept thinking I was cheating so I didn't even wanna deal with all that and cut it off" I sighed. Rachel was hella chill but just insecure and was always thinkin I was cheating when I wasn't talking, texting, or with her.

"Awh I'm sorry to hear about that" She gave me a side hug.

We continued to walk along the pathway until a red car pulled up next to us.

"Nicole, who's that?" A guy hopped out

"Relax, it's my cousin, DeShawn. DeShawn this is my boyfriend's best friend Ice" She smiled. He dapped me and nodded his head "He's going to our school next month"

"That's chill" I said

"Y'all need a ride home?" He asked

"Nah we're good, but thanks. Did you just get back from seeing AJ?" Nicole asked. I'm guessin AJ is her boyfriend

"Yeah actually I did. He hates it at the hospital but it's whatever, these 2 weeks will fly by before he even knows it"

"Awh my poor AJ" She sighed, and I was right. That was her boyfriend

"He'll be fine, but since y'all don't need a ride, Imma split, I got shit to do. Cool meetin you DeShawn" He dapped me again "and I'll see y'all later" He gave Nicole a hug before getting in his car and speeding off.

"He seems chill, how old is he?" I asked as we started to walk again

"He's 16"

"How old is your boyfriend?"

"17"

"17? Isn't you 15?" I laughed a little

"Yeah...I know but it ain't that big of an age difference" She laughed

"Alright whateves, it ain't my business so go on about yourself" I held my hands up. Nicole was chill, laid back and funny. It was nice I finally got to meet her in person not through pictures.

We just decided to walk to her house so I could say Hi to Arls.

"You live here?" I asked

"Yeah, why?"

"I live right around the corner, I'm 4 houses down from Uncle Varo"

"Oh my god. Uncle Varo is on something, I swear. I've only seen him for a couple days and he is crazy" She laughed