Chapter 16

A Thug's True Love: Chapter 16

~Nicole P.O.V.~

I was chilling with AJ until I heard hysterical crying and nurses running up and down the halls.

"What's goin on out there?" AJ asked as he kept his eyes fixed on the door as if waiting for someone to come in and explain

"Your guess is as good as mine. Let me go look and I'll be right back" I got up out of his lap and walked over to the door. I peeked my head in and I saw AJ's doctor run down the hall down to the ICU unit. I turned my attention to the waiting room.

I slipped out through the door and walked down to the waiting room. That's where I saw a woman crying into a mans chest as he held her in his lap. I felt my heart ache just at the sight of that. The woman moved her hair away from her face to wipe a tear and that's when I realized that was Nelle.

"What happened? Why are you here!" I yelled as I ran up to her. I didn't even realize Uncle Lexis was here too. "Uncle Lexis what happened?" I yelled at him, Nelle was just in tears and couldn't even get a word out

"I ain't Uncle Lexis, I'm Chewy. His younger brother. I'm guessin you're Nicole." He said calmly. Wow. The fact he's Uncle Lexis's brother is kinda weird, just cause they look so much alike.

"Oh. Hi. But what happened? Why y'all here?" I took a seat next to him as he held Nelle as she cried into chest.

"Long story short; your cousin Tyreese is in the ICU. He was barely breathing and had a very faint pulse. Now we're waiting here to see what happens while the rest of your Uncles and Dad go out and kill the person who did this to him" he whispered the last part to where I could barely hear but when he said "kill" my heart dropped down to my stomach. The thought of killing another human being was so taboo to me. I don't know how people like AJ or Dad could do it over and over without any remorse.

"Oh my god. What do you think is going to happen to him?" I felt a tear escape the corner of my eye but I just didn't even bother to try to hold it in.

"I think he's either going to be in a coma for a long ass time or he's gonna end up dying" he whispered to me in a broken voice.

"Is there at least a chance?" No. There is no way a little boy like Ty could die.

"Very very slim" He sighed "what are you doing here?" He asked

"Visiting my boyfriend, I'm going to go back to him. I'll come back out in a little while" he nodded his head and turned his attention back to Nelle as I walked away.

"So what's goin on?" He asked as I walked into his room

"My lil cousin is in the ICU and he might not make i-it" here came the tears. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me back down into his lap.

"Baby girl, He'll pull through. He might need to get worse to get better." He kissed along my neck in between each and every word.

"W-what if h-he doe-"

"Don't think like that. If you think like that then it will happen. You know who did it?"

"N-No"

"Damn, well aye don't trip over it and start making assumptions. If doctors haven't said anything you don't need to be thinkin of the outcomes, alright?" He wiped away my tears and just held me in a tight warm embrace.

"Alright" I haven't even met Ty in person and we aren't actually blood related but I loved him like family already.

~Trey P.O.V.~
~Hours Later~