Chapter 10

What the hell am I doing in...Russia?! Max thought as she looked around.

"Well, that's for you to find out." A whitecoat said. She looked up from her cage and saw a Whitecoat standing before her. She must have been talking out loud, unless the Whitecoat could somehow read minds....

"Everyone is dead." The Whitecoat said, and Max didn't know how to react. Should she believe him? Gasp? Blow it off?

"That's not true. Why should I believe you?" Max crossed her arms.

"Of course you can't trust me. You were made that way." The Whitecoat said as he shook his head, "so I can say anything, and you wouldn't believe any of it, even though it's true." The Whitecoat chuckled.

"What do you mean?" Max asked.

"This is all far beyond your reality. Far beyond anything you can comprehend."

"Still not buying any of it." Max said.

"Exactly." The Whitecoat said as he walked up to her cage, She rose an eyebrow as he brought his hand to the lock. She expected him to just stand there and mock her, but his next action surprised her. He opened the lock. She watched him cautiously as he opened the cage door and stood to the side, waiting.

Should I run? Max watched him closely, Is this all a trap? Well, how could this be a trap if I'm already in a cage...

"Is this a trap? A trick?"

"This exactly what Jeb has said. The new generation would be able to calculate what really happens. Far beyond what the original generation could do." The Whitecoat shook his head as he left her, the cage wide open.

Jeb?! He's in on this too?! Of course... Max stepped out of the cage cautiously. No electric shocks? No needles? Everything was gone. She was in an empty room with a wide open door in front of her. This has to be a trap...this is all just too easy... Max said as she walked through the door. In front of her was an open window to the outside world. She ran, jumped up, flapped her wings, then burst through the window. Everything was calm. She flew up higher, then looked back down at the building she was in.

"...a warehouse?!" She said. She was pretty sure Whitecoats were meeting in warehouses. She was pretty sure that all Whitecoats were killed in general. She wasn't as shocked by all this as soon as she saw Amalda suddenly appear in front of her.

"Amalda?!" Max called as she flew up to her, "Amalda! Where's everyone else?"

"Don't move." Amalda said, her voice cold. Max froze in the air. She stared at Amalda and could somehow make out a hot blaze in her cold eyes. That wasn't Amalda. That wasn't Phoenix.

"Amalda?" Max tried. She didn't flinch. She didn't even blink.

"We are the new and better generation." Amalda said in her frozen monotone voice, "the older generation is useless, and should be wiped away from the slate completely." Amalda pointed a finger at Max.

"How could you say that?!" Max shouted, "who are you and what did you do to Amalda?!"

"I am Amalda. The past Amalda will be exterminated." Amalda said, then lowered her head, held out her fist to Max, and had a cold, evil smirk on her face, "just like the rest of the flock." Max stared at her in disbelief. But only for about five seconds, because as soon as she started flying towards her, Amalda's fist started glowing orange, and a ray of fire shot out at Max.

"Fire?!" Max gasped. She immediately darted out of the way, "since when could she do that?!"

"I am the future. You will all be exterminated immediately." Amalda said and started throwing fireballs in Max's direction.

"Oh yeah? Not on my watch!" Max yelled as she dodged all the fireballs. She expertly dodged them all and flew up to Amalda and grabbed her fist. She threw her over her head and watched as she hit the pavement below her.

Another design flaw... Why don't they bounce back up like a ball? Tsk, tsk. Max smirked and shook her head. Design flaw. Dang, I'd love to beat the living crap out of this imposter all day, but I gotta find the rest of the flock... Where's Russia? It's that country in...Asia? Why didn't I pay attention in World History?! Max groaned as she yanked at her hair. She had an uprising headache. Figures...guess that's what happens when you're pregnant... then she remembered, Amalda? Angel? Can any of you hear me? Max thought hard, but they felt...out of reach.

"Guess I'm all on my own....for now."

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hey everyone! 

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! SOO sorry it took FOREVER, but I promise, I'll try to update a little faster. Just wanna give a huge welcome/shout-out to Purple_Falcon, the newest member of the Maximum Teen Justice Society!!! XD She's our new secretary, and I hope she, AXTheCoolKid, and skyeworthington14 are all inspirations to other people to join our merry little band! If you wanna join, you can leave a comment below! If you want proof about how fun we are to just chat on my profile-wall, then I'm sure one of these three can leave proof in the comments below! Thanks guys! You're all the best!