Chapter 4

Max fidgeted in her chair as they waited in the examination room.

"This smell..." Max muttered, "can we get out of here already?!"

"We need to wait for the results first." Fang protested. Max just groaned and rested her head in her hands. After what felt like ages, the doctor finally returned with a manilla folder. Max sat up normally as the doctor, Dr. Rooney sat in his swivel chair.

"Okay..." Dr. Rooney said, "how old are you?"

"Uh...25...I think..." Max looked at Fang and he nodded.

"Okay. And you two are...boyfriend girlfriend?"

"Married." Max answered immediately.

"You two seem younger." Dr. Rooney said.

"Can we just get the results please." Fang said, clearly trying to get out quickly too.

"Of course." Dr. Rooney said as he pulled out a black, white, fuzzy image.

"It's a boy." Max gasped as she took the image. She's never seen anything like it. Especially since when any of her kids were born, they were just by chance. They were extremely shocked when she had twins.

"...a boy..." Fang repeated almost breathlessly. Max smiled and turned to Fang, who was smiling too.

"There's something... odd about this baby, though..." Dr. Rooney said.

"What?"

"It...has six limbs. The two legs, two arms, and the extra two are on its back." Dr. Rooney pointed out the two extra limbs on the image.

"You mean like... Wings?" Max asked.

"Quite possibly." Dr. Rooney nodded.

"That's...perfectly fine." Fang nodded.

"Alright then. Thanks for stopping in. Let's hope to see you in a few more weeks." Dr. Rooney smiled as he walked Max and Fang out. Once the two were outside, though, Max slapped Fang.

"That is exactly why I never wanted to come in the first place! We can have kids just fine by ourselves!" Max whispered angrily.

"Hey, just hoping for the best for our kids!" Fang protested.

"Yeah, but our kids aren't normal kids!" Max rubbed her temples as they walked into a nearby park.

"Look, everything will be fine, okay? We'll have this baby, raise it to be just like me, and we'll also find the Ari clone." Fang shrugged, then they both realized what he just said.

"Did you say...'clone'?" Max asked.

"Yeah. I mean, I'm not certain, but that seems like the best logical explanation, especially since Ari died, came back, then we made sure he died permanently. And trust me, I made sure."

"Wa-wa-wait...clone... Wait a second..." Max started pacing, "Dylan was a clone...I mean, the Main Man."

"Oh yeah. He was a complete idiot." Fang muttered.

"He claimed himself to be a clone. What if Ari and also Jeb are clones?!" Max looked at Fang and awaited a response.

"You...could be right..." Fang considered.

"What do you mean, 'could be', I AM right!" Max laughed as she got a running head-start, and once she made sure no one was watching, she jumped up, whipped out her wings, and flew through the trees and out into the open air, Fang following right behind her.

"I think I know what we're dealing with here! We need to get back home!"

______________________________________________________________________________

YAY! It's a boy, guys! A boy with wings, and I'm still debating as to who he'd look like, Fang or Max, or somewhat of a mix of both, this'll be great guys! Comment below on what you want their son to look like, or if you know any great names! XD

TELL YOUR FRIENDS!!!! :D