Chapter 3

"Thanks, Ig. Dinner was great, as usual." Max smiled as she picked up everyone's plates and brought them to the sink.

"Okay...now it's time to talk business." Angel said. Everyone looked at her, and she just sat quietly looking at her lap.

"Uh...what business?" Fang asked.

"Something that the four of us have known for a while." Angel answered as she gestured towards Iggy, Nudge, and Gazzy.

"It's about...before Fang killed Dylan." Nudge said.

"Yeah?" Max asked as she got back to her seat.

"Well...we never told you that..." Iggy scratched the back of his neck, "that the Erasers died...but we don't know what happened to Jeb, and Ari got away."

"What?!"

"We were going to tell you sooner, but...we didn't want to ruin your happy moments with your kids...then there was your marriage..." Angel said.

"We didn't want to have to drop all that stress on you guys, because you were so... Happy..." Gazzy said.

Max sighed and rubbed her forehead. She turned to Ally, Alex, Amalda, then to Fang, who felt the same way she did...guilty.

"You...you should've told us sooner." Max said.

"But--"

"No...she's right." Fang cut Angel off, "we appreciate it, but your lives matter more than our happiness."

"You don't get it!" Nudge said, "you guys were so happy! We loved it!"

"We got to live normal lives for a few weeks." Iggy said. Max sighed and scratched her head.

"Okay. Thank you for telling me. We need to go do some research now. Then we'll find them and I'll tear their faces off." Max said as she stood up.

"You can't do that!" Angel shouted as she stood up.

"And why not?" Max asked.

"The..." Angel looked away, then looked back at her, "the baby..." Max stopped in her tracks and stared at Angel. She moved her hand to her stomach and turned to Fang. They had completely forgotten.

"You need to take it easy..." Angel reiterated slowly.

"A-Angel..." Max sighed, "thank you..." Angel nodded in response, "...but I'll be fine." And Max walked away.

Max! You can't do that! The baby! If it dies... That one would be on you. A voice said in her head.

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!" Max yelled, turning back to Angel. Angel had a confused look. Max looked around the room, and met Amalda's eyes.

It's me Mom...not Angel.... Max sighed a sigh of frustration. She really couldn't say 'no' to her own daughter.

"Fine..." Max said and walked away.

"You should go check it out..." Angel called after her, "boy or girl?"

"Yeah! We can already see the baby bump!" Gazzy added. Max stopped and held her shirt tight against her stomach, and they were right.

"Max..." Max turned around to see Fang standing behind her.

"Look...I know...Angel's right...." Max ran her hands through her tangled hair.

"I trust that you can still fight, but take care of yourself." Fang said, "until it's almost time, though, you're going to have to stop."

"I understand..." Max answered, "but would you guys be able to take care of yourselves?"

"Of course." Fang smirked, "you sound surprised."

"Not surprised...just, worried..." Max sighed as she crossed her arms.

"Don't worry about us. Just worry about yourself and the baby." Fang smiled comfortingly as he held her hand, "promise?"

"Promise." Max smiled as she squeezed his hand.

"Angel's right, again." Fang added, "we should get you checked out."

"But...doctors?! With white coats?!" Max gulped.

"I'll be there too." Fang shrugged. Max just clenched her fists and looked at the ground.

_________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! 

Sorry for the super long updates. But I'm telling you, that I AM putting my best effort into them. Things will get a bit easier the next week, so definitely looking forward to that! :D

Keep voting, commenting, telling your friends! XD