Chapter 2

Max and Fang looked at each other in confusion.

"Um...who's Damon?"

"Only the boy who I've been crushing on since the...oh, I don't know....my whole life at that high school!" Amalda answered Fang's question.

"Well, you never told us about him." Max shrugged.

"Maybe there's a reason why I didn't tell you." Amalda said.

"And what's that reason?" Max asked.

"Because you'd just turn him away! Okay?" Amalda answered, "he asked me out the other day...and of course I said 'yes', because he's a jock, and most jocks ask popular girls out on dates, and he asked me." Amalda said.

"No. Amalda, this is not okay." Max said.

"What?! Why?!"

"Because..." Max looked at Fang, and he nodded.

"Because what will happen if he finds out about..." Fang paused, and Amalda looked at the ground, "your wings."

"Then...then he finds out." Amalda stuttered.

"Amalda, he could hurt you! He could bully you, people could find out and make fun of you, there will be news people everywhere looking for you, they'll find out about all of us, they can send people after us..." Max said.

"Why?! Why would they send people after us?!" Amalda demanded.

"Because....we're freaks..." Max said hoarsely. Amalda looked at her mom with wide eyes, "because we're recombinant human-avian lifeforms. Because we're not like them. We're mutant freaks." Amalda looked at Max, then at Fang.

"I have no one, then..." Amalda shook her head, "you had Dad when you were my age, but I have no one!! There's no more people out there like us! Like me! It's just not fair..." Amalda cried.

"Amalda..." Fang sighed. He knew this, and Max knew this too, but he just hated to see any of their kids cry...even Amalda, "fine. You can date him. But if something happens...don't tell us we didn't say so." Amalda smiled a huge smile, and threw herself around Fang.
"Thank you thank you thank you thank you Dad! You're the best!" Amalda smiled. Then as soon as she let go, she whipped out her wings and flew up the stairs. Max and Fang sat in silence for about half a minute, before Max broke the silence,

"...You jerk..."

"Hey, you and I both know I just can't help it..." Fang shrugged.

"Yeah, well you really need to work on that..." Max rubbed her temples as she got up, "get Iggy...we need to make dinner."

___________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! 

Well, there's a GREAT example of a Father-Mother-Daughter relationship...I've seen it all the time. Anyways, hope you've enjoyed that! :D 

Don't forget to vote, comment, criticize, ask questions, and check out my other stories! XD 

Thanks for being awesome guys!