Chapter 7

"Hey!" Max smiled as Fang flew down to the deck where Max waited.

"We need to talk." Fang said.

"Um...okay. What's wrong?" Max asked.

"I don't know how this is going to end." Fang said, and Max scoffed in response,

"Uh, that's how life works for us, we never know how life is going to end."

"No, I mean, us. I don't know how we're going to end." Fang said.

"I-I don't understand..."

"With the mission, the kids, Phoenix, the new baby we're expecting, I don't think I'd be able to handle this." Fang scratched his head.

"Uh, you?! I'm the one who has to fight for my family, and I'm pregnant! The least you could do is stay to help!" Max scoffed, arms crossed.

"I don't want to get caught up in all this, Maximum. I'll take our son and I'm headed out of here." Fang said.

"Which son?!" Max asked.

"The...one that's in the house right now." Fang stuttered.

"....Alex?" Max asked.

"I'm taking Alex and the rest of the flock, and we're out of here." Fang said as he stomped inside.

"Are you crazy?! You can't just leave!" Max yelled.

"Oh yeah? Watch me!" Fang yelled back. He walked up to Alex.

"Is everything okay?" Alex asked.

"Come on guys, we're going." Fang said.

"Going where?"

"Anywhere but here." Fang said as Alex got up and followed Fang out the door while the rest of the flock just stood there.

"You jerk!! If you're leaving, I'm leaving!" Max yelled as she stormed out the glass doors, jumped off the railing, and flew off.

"Max!" Angel called, her voice quavering, "what's going on?!"

"I don't know...." Max cried.

"Mom?" Max turned and saw Ally flying towards her, "where's Dad going with Alex?" Max shook her head as tears streamed down her face.

"I don't know..." Max whispered. Angel held Max's shoulders.

"Did Fang just...?" Angel asked, and Max slowly nodded as she cried harder. Angel wrapped her arms around Max.

"I don't know why...it was so random. We were perfect...." Max whispered, "but......he had forgotten Alex's name?! He called Amalda 'Phoenix' and me 'Maximum'...he's never done that in a while...."

"Max..." Angel said, "there was nothing."

"Wh-What?"

"I was reading his mind the whole time and....i-it was blank. It was nothing like Fang." Angel stuttered.

"Then, do you mean..."

"Yeah. That's not Fang..." Angel answered grimly.

"But how?! Is it a robot?" Max asked and Angel shook her head,

"You remember Maya?"

"Yeah..."

"He's just like her...he's a clone...and the real Fang was...kidnapped..."

_________________________________

"Guys?!" Max called once she, Ally, and Angel flew back home. Once she got in, there was not a single sound.

"Crap..." Angel whispered. Suddenly, Max and Ally heard a thud. Someone had shot Angel with a tranq dart, and two more flew at Max and Ally, and everything was black.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! 

I just HAD to include the reason as to why Fang broke up with Max, because i didn't want to lose any fans, you know? So thank GOODNESS it wasn't actually Fang. Even I feel relieved! Keep your eyes peeled for the next chapter, and don't forget to vote, comment, criticize, and tell your friends! XD