Chapter 13

"We need to find the rest of the flock." Fang told Amalda as they flew east, away from France, away from Russia.

"Great idea...but where in the world would we find them?!" Amalda asked, "well, we could just keep flying around the world until we see someone, but this is the WORLD we're talking about..."

"I know, I know. Let's just--" But when he glanced back, he saw Max II and Fang II flying towards them.

"And then there's them." Amalda groaned, "do we fight?"

"I've just had enough of these two. I don't care if they're clones of us, but a clone's a clone. And evil clone is a completely different story. These are evil clones." Fang said as he reached into his bag and pulled out a pocket knife.

"Wait, Dad...what are you..."

"I'm going to end it once and for all..." Fang watched the clones steadily, "besides, if they keep on coming, they can always make more, can't they?"

"But you're not a killer!" Amalda cried.

"But I HAVE to do this! We can't let them inflict any more damage to the major cities or to anyone." Fang's eyes pleaded with her, "please. They almost killed you..."

Amalda looked at him, then sighed, looking at the ground.

"Just do what you have to do. If this is what will end this madness and bring the flock back together."

Fang nodded, then flew up to them. He fought them in hand-to-hand combat for some time, then he finally flew up to Fang II from behind and held his head in a headlock.

"This is so weird..." Fang said, then broke his neck. Then he was faced with an even harder problem: Max II.

"This isn't Max. This isn't Max..." Fang kept telling himself. He shook it off and started fighting. He finally had her in the same headlock, and he hesitated before breaking her neck. He turned to Amalda who looked pale.

"Don't worry." Fang panted. He didn't realize he had been holding his breath.

"Okay. Let's just get out of here..." Amalda said and flew off. Fang took the two bodies and tossed them into the ocean. Fang hovered over the splash for a short while, then he turned to Amalda. She sensed something was wrong and turned back to him.

"Are you okay?"

"I don't feel..." Fang held his head and he started swaying a little, then he started falling.

"Dad!!" Amalda shouted and flew down as fast as she could and caught him, trying her hardest to hold up his weight, until he started glowing black, "wh-what's happening?!" She tried to hold him up, but then she couldn't hold him, and they both fell into the water. She gasped for a breath and tried to tread water and hold Fang at the same time.

"What the heck is happening?!" She gasped, and Fang was still unconscious and glowing black. Finally, after a few more seconds, the glow disappeared and Fang gasped for air.

"What happened?!" Fang asked.

"I don't know, Dad. I should be asking YOU that question!" Amalda said, "are you okay? You were...glowing. Black."

"I feel...different. But okay." Fang answered as they started flying into the sky.

"Okay. Let's go. We need to find the rest of the flock, in case you forgot." Amalda said and she flew off. Fang smirked, then held out his hand.

"Okay, Amalda, wait--" but everything suddenly turned black, "what the--"

"Dad?!" Amalda shouted.

"I'm right here! What happened to YOU?!"

"There's a giant black sphere!! Are you... In it?"

"I..." Fang looked down at his hands, which were glowing black, then he looked around him. He really WAS in the sphere of black shadow. He moved his hands in a circular motion and closed them into fists, and the sphere disappeared. He saw Amalda fly up to him in shock and fear.

"That's the same thing the clone did to me..." Amalda said.

"When I killed him..." Fang looked at his hands, and he felt nerves in it that he hasn't felt before. He felt the nerves react and his hands started glowing black.

"I...I got powers..."

_______________________________________________

Hey everyone! Sorry for the super long update. It took WAY too long, and I was busy with school, my Young Justice story, and the Fanfic Contest story. But now, here's something to get you guys thinking! XD Don't forget to vote, comment, criticize, and make suggestions as to what you want to see next! XD Thanks for being awesome guys!