Chapter 1

Amalda stood on the concrete steps in front of Westview High School. The wind blew through her black hair as she tapped her foot impatiently and took quick glances at her watch. She finally let out a huge and frustrated sigh when she saw a figure coming into view in the sky, silhouetted against the sun.

"Ugh, it's about time." Amalda groaned as she spread her glossy black wings and jumped into the sky as her dad flew up to her.

"Well, sorry, but cleaning the backyard for Gazzy and Alex's bomb experimentation takes longer than you might think..." Fang protested as he followed her.

"I told you I could've just flew home myself like I kept saying..." Amalda said.

"We can't take that risk...there could be anyone out there." Fang said.

"Fang...Dad...I'm fifteen now....you guys were able to take care of yourselves, weren't you?" Amalda crossed her arms as she flapped her wings in sync with Fang's.

"Well...." Fang looked at her, and sighed, "it's different..... When you have your own kids, you'd understand..." he expertly flew next to her and lifted his arm and pulled her closer, and gave her a kiss on her forehead, "especially when your kids have wings and are usually being hunted down by Erasers."

"Dad! Let go! We're gonna fall!" Amalda laughed as she flew away from him, then she slapped him hard on the back, "tag! You're it!" She laughed as Fang flew after her and finally caught up to her. They laughed the rest of the way home.

____________________________

"Hold your left leg and right arm out for about two to three breaths...inhale, and exhale....inhale, and ex--"

BOOOM.... Max fell over on her side. She groaned as she got up and turned the TV off. She heard a giant explosion as she was doing her yoga, and it scared her to death...well, not literally...there are many things that can't scare her to death. The only things that could are....losing family. But this was tragic. She ran to the sliding glass door, stomped outside, and surveyed all the burnt and smashed debris laying everywhere all over their lawn.

"Mom! It worked!" Alex shouted from below her as she stood on the deck of their house.

"Alex...." Max groaned and rubbed her forehead.

"It's okay, Max! He's got this down! Nothing's broken!" Gazzy yelled from nearby, then he looked around and chuckled, "except maybe the birdbath that used to be there...."

"Just...." Max groaned louder, "please don't hurt anyone..."

"Will do!" Iggy called back as he gave Alex and Gazzy a high-five. Never missing. Max rolled her eyes as she walked back into the house. She was startled when she heard her name being shrieked dozens of times coming from the dining room. Max ran in and surveyed the area: there were papers and textbooks open everywhere.

"What's the chemical formula when you combine Kryptonite with Iron, Copper, and Gold?" Ally asked as she, Angel, and Nudge scanned through all the books and notes they had displayed before them.

"Um...is that even a thing?" Max asked.

"Erm...yes, Kryptonite is a thing..." Angel said as she read through one of Ally's textbooks.

"I know that....how would anyone be able to defeat Superman without Kryptonite?" Max asked.

"What have you been reading, a comic book?" Nudge snickered.

"Okay, look. I have no idea what you just said..." Max scratched her head as she picked up a paper and read through it quickly...it wasn't even relevant to what they were talking about.

"Well, they want to combine Kryptonite with a base, not an acid...." Angel said, then she turned the book sideways, "or was it the other way? Because clearly, Kryptonite doesn't react to any base...even water...is it the same way with an acid?"

"Wait, are Iron, Copper, and Gold bases or acids? I mean, they're metals. They're pretty sturdy..." Nudge considered, "...so how can you combine three metals and Kryptonite?"

"GAH! Okay, sorry folks...but there's really no way I can help here..." Max groaned and walked out of the room, startled once again when she ran into Fang in the hallway.

"Hey, Sweetie." Max smiled as she let her head fall onto his shoulder, "you have no idea how stressful these kids can be...."

"I know..." Fang smiled pitifully. Then Max saw Amalda pass by in the kitchen. Max ran up to her and wrapped both arms around her, squeezing her tight.

"Hey, girl! Thought you could get home without saying 'hi'?" Max laughed.

"Let go!" Amalda laughed as she wiggled from Max's grip.

"So, how was cheerleading?" Max asked.

"It was fine...I mean, if you think that Carol Lee getting chosen cheer-captain is great, then it was great." Amalda said as she picked up a water bottle from the fridge and opened it, chugging the whole thing.

"Sorry you didn't make it..." Max apologized as they sat at the kitchen island.

"And on top of that, Dad came late..." Amalda glared at Fang, "you're lucky you came early enough, I was about to just leave and fly home myself."

"It wasn't Fang's...Dad's fault...he was helping me with something here at home. It was my fault." Max protested.

"Oh...okay..." Amalda said as she went to throw her bottle away. In that time, Max turned to Fang and glared at him, knowing that what she had said wasn't true.

"Anyways..." Fang coughed, "how was school in general?" Amalda stood and watched them both, then started walking away.

"...it was fine. Don't really want to talk about it." Max looked at Fang, and Fang walked up to her, grabbing her wrist.

"What happened." he said, sitting on the seat next to Max.

"Nothing." Amalda said, a defiant look on her face...the same one she gave them for ages now.

"This is definitely not nothing." Max said.

"Yes it is!" Amalda replied, crossing her arms.

"Amalda, you're not four. If you're fifteen, like you said you were, then you'd fess up and tell us what's wrong." Fang said. Amalda groaned, and looked at both of them.

"Fine. One word." Amalda said.

"Homework?"

"Erasers?"

"No..." Amalda rolled her eyes, "Damon."

__________________________________________________________________________________

Wow....longest Maximum Ride chapter I've ever written...

Anyways....

Hope you guys enjoyed that! Don't forget to tell your friends, comment, vote, and comment on whether you guys want me to either:

1) Combine Young Justice and Maximum Ride in one of my Young Justice stories

2) Start a RolePlay thing for Maximum Ride!

If you have any questions at all, please talk to my second-in-command, AXTheCoolKid if you have any questions as to what Young Justice even is! .......or you can just ask me too, that's cool! :D