Chapter Twenty-Two

"So now he thinks that we went out on a date. I mean, I don't want to give him the wrong idea, but I don't want to break his poor heart."

"You can't lead him on though." Jack said factly. I sighed, clutching the phone closer to my ear as if I held it hard enough, he'd be right here, next to me.

"I know, but I don't want things to be awkward between us!"

"He'd understand if he liked you that much."

He was right. I'm not doing anything for me or Aiden by leading him on, I have to tell him. If he likes me enough to take me out on a date, he'll hopefully like me enough to let me be.

"I love you." I sighed in adoration, breathless by the amount of time Jack has listened to the useless shit coming out of my mouth.

He laughed, making me long for his presence even more. "I love you too, El. So much."

"So what about you?" I spoke up after a while.

"What about me?"

"We always talk about my life. What's going on with you? How's the tour?" I asked.

"It's amazing. I love touring, it's so surreal. I'm always afraid to wake up one day, and realize my life was just some dream."

"You love touring that much, huh?" I smiled. He deserves it.

"Not as much as you."

I snorted, rolling my eyes. "You're pushing it, aren't you?"

"Is it that obvious?"

"Yes."

"I love you?"

And then I hung up.