Chapter Sixteen

"I love you, Jack."

"Say it again. This time with more passion."

I rolled my eyes. "C'mon Bia be serious. I really wanna tell him."

She breathed a laugh, before sitting beside me on my bed, and throwing a soothing arm around me. "Don't overthink, Ella. I bet he loves you just as much."

"He's Jack Johnson. He-"

"Don't start all this, 'he could do much better' crap with me again," she stood up, staring directly at me.

"He can't do any better. There is no better. Ella, you're an amazing girl, and Jack can obviously see it."

"But he still doesn't know what I look like..." I mumbled, looking down.

Huffing, Bia rolled her eyes, grabbing Jack's phone out of my hand. She dialled a number, letting it ring. I stared at her confused, before an all too familiar vpice picked up.

"Hello?"

"Johnson." Bia greeted. My eyes widened. I knew she wouldn't, she was too much of a good friend.

No, she totally would.

Doing everything I could to take the phone, Jack spoke up.

"This isn't Ella."

"Well, duh." I rolled my eyes, still struggling to grab the phone.

"Is she okay?"

"Yeah, yeah," She dismissed. "Hey, about Ella..."

"Yeah..?"

"I just wanted to let you know that she-"

I jumped on her.

We fell to the ground in unison, and I was able to grab the phone out of her hand, putting it to my ear.

"Hey Jack."

"El? What's happening? Are you okay?"

"Yeah. But I can't really talk now."

"Alright. I guess I'll talk to you later..." He trailed off sounding confused.

"Bye El." He said

"Bye Jack, I love you."

"Wai-"

I hung up the phone, and looked at Bia, whose jaw was almost touching the ground. Suddenly, I realized what I had said.

I just told Jack Johnson that I love him.

And he heard me.