Forty Five: Fault

Guys! FOLLOW ME ON TUMBLR! <3 queenofthelunaticss.tumblr.com 
I made one where I can be me- Kaido -instead of fake (actually real) me [stutters-coughs-vomits-...R-Renee....-dies-]
Add me for DC trash and song fics and ask me stuff about Venus or when I'm updating Light of the Midnight or what Adelaide's favourite song is!!!! :3

Upon returning to the manor, it's just Alfred and I. I sit with him in the kitchen for a while, telling him what I had experienced. A bit of a challenge with a sore throat and barely-there voice.

I keep out the explicit details of what I had seen. Alfred doesn't need to know.

"How is your head now?" He asks, concerned. I smile and nod, telling him that it's fine. A blatant lie, of course. It hurts like a bitch.

"You know," he begins, standing up to prepare refreshments for the hero's returns. "Masters Richard, Timothy and Damian never brought out the kindest side of Master Bruce. That face of him was always reserved for Jason. A fleeting one, yes, but Bruce pitied Jason the most."

I smile, "I bet Jason hates that."

"Very much so," he agrees, during tea for I assume, Damian. The ex-surgeon suddenly looks over his shoulder at me with a smile.

"You seem to know him well," he comments. I grin.

"It's my job. As his girlfriend and as a psychologist, I suppose," I reply, absent-mindedly tracing the rim of my tea cup. I don't know what tea it is, but it's making me feel better.

"Your sister has quite an interesting ability," he comments. I nod.

"Same as my dad's. Wonder if she's figured out who everyone is," I reply.

Alfred raises an eyebrow, "She has."

There is a knock on the front door, from a distance. It makes me jump, still a little shaky from the kidnapping. I sigh and shut my eyes in stupidity, Alfred placing his hand on my shoulder.

"I believe you are about to meet the last member of the family," he says. I frown, trying to figure out what he means.

Then I remember Jason telling me about Cassandra Cain. A girl Bruce adopted after she took on the Batgirl mantle, from Barbra. She is the daughter of two assassins and now holds the mantle of Black Bat.

As for Alfred's words...Caelan is no stranger to masks. I suppose it was only a matter of time before she figured it out.

However her powers require physical contact for that. To be able to delve into one's mind. That is where her abilities and my father's differ.

So, who has my little sister been touching?

I hear Alfred talking to the 'last member of the family' as they approach. Thanks the heavens that the moment I got back I took a shower and changed. If only I sounded better than a dying cat.

The door opens and Alfred steps in, followed by a very pretty girl with a serious expression, short dark hair and dark eyes.

"Miss Cain, this is District Attorney Venus Meadow," Alfred begins, gesturing to me. I stand up, mustering up a smile even though I feel too tired to, holding my hand out.

Cassandra's serious expression disappears, a small smile taking its place as she shakes my hand.

"Jason has talked about you. Gushed, may be a better word for it," is the first thing she says. I find myself grinning, sipping my tea to shield a giggle.