Thirty Seven: Christmas

Check out my latest chapter of my blog book TWISTED SIXTEENIE. It explains my hiatus as well as the truth behind abuse.

#authorsarenotslaves #putyourselffirst

~

"Oh I want to have him beside me like oh ooh
On the 25th by the fireplace oh ooh
But I don't want a new broken heart
This year I've got to be smart."

I had decided to leave Jason asleep when I woke up Christmas morning. It was only 8:30 and my friends were not due here until 12:30 for lunch.

So I turned on the TV to the music channel, which is playing every kind of Christmas music, sat on the carpet with Levi and Kira and played with them for awhile.

The thought of giving Jason his 'present' (which, when he gets I'm telling him is mine since he'll be a baby over it) early, but instead decide upon giving it to him tonight as planned.

I glance at my phone. Usually dad calls around 9:00, before he goes down to the cemetery to see my brothers.

"You know, you're suppose to wake me up and drag me out of bed, excited to see what Santa brought," Jason's voice says sarcastically, his footsteps echoing down the hall.

I smile when he comes into view, shaking his hair out and smirking at me.

"Good morning," I grin, jumping up. "And Merry Christmas."

I probably look ridiculous in socks, shorts, a christmas sweater and reindeer ears I had to fight Kira for. He moves quickly, leaning in to kiss me, placing his hands on my hips.

"Merry christmas," he replies, tugging me close. "You're really in the spirit huh?"

I shrug, "When I was a kid it was the only time my family would come together. Dad would stop working, the bodyguards were off duty... I even saw my brother Simon smile once."

Jason gives me a grin, which is his attempt to cover up the fact that he has no idea what to say to that. I don't mind.

"Come here," he says softly, holding his hand out. Smiling, I allow him to lead me back to the couch, where we both sit. "For a while, I wasn't sure what to get you. I knew I wanted it to be something... you know, important."

He stops, almost unsure of what to say. I smile at him when he looks at me. I swear he blushes.

"I know it seems lame... and cheesy... and cliché... Are all of those the same thing?... Or are those the wrong wor-"

Realising he is excessively babbling, I reach out, grab his face and kiss him, smiling. I should probably check his pulse. He's in full nervous mode.

Perhaps that's the cutest thing about him. How nervous he gets with these sorts of things.

He's the one to pull away, but those green eyes never leave mine. It allows me to witness the full blush dusting his cheeks.

I feel him take my hand and press the small present into my palm.

"Merry Christmas, Ven," he says softly, leaning in to kiss me again, softer this time. Sweeter. I smile at him as much as I can when he backs up, glancing down at the present.

It's a rectangle black velvet case. I take time in opening it. Out of the corner of my eye I can see Jason clenching and unclenching his fists. Nerves. It makes me smile.