Seventeen: Story Time

"Then ask him to be your boyfriend!"

"But he can't be!"

"Then just keep it casual."

"...But it can't be!"

"Then ask him to be your boyfriend!"

I pinch my nose and sigh heavily. I thought I should make a decision about this whole 'sex with Jason' thing. As in, if he wants it to happen I want more than whatever we have now.

I think... Scratch that. I want it to be nothing... But I don't...

"Ginger I don't know what to do!" I whine. "What do I do?"

"Maybe he wants a relationship," she offers. I am silent for a moment, before I burst out laughing.

"Jason? A relationship? Man-whores aren't into that- that's why they're man-whores," I say, standing up and walking into the kitchen.

"Okay, you know what? I'm the wrong person to talk to about this. Dick!" For a moment I forget Dick is Richard's nickname and thought that she was calling me a dick.

"DA," he greets. His voice is so...yummy.

"Did she tell you?"

"Of course. Who else is she going to tell?"

I laugh. Maybe this one isn't that bad. "True. Too true."

"Anyway. I wanted to tell you something. About Jason."

"Uh, sure. Go ahead?"

"Ask him to be your boyfriend." Suddenly, the door opens and Jason walks in. I give him a small smile, but look back at the kitchen floor. What a juvenile conversation.

"Why would I do that?" I ask nervously.

"The first time I saw you two together, I noticed the way he looked at you. I've known him long enough to see the anger he always has in his eyes. Towards everything. Not you though. When he looks at you it's like it disappears."

"R-Really?" I say, sounding like a school girl. I clear my throat. "I'm sure it's nothing." I was. I see two primary things when he looks at me; lust and hate.

"That night the Brotherhood came for you; he didn't know about your powers, but he was ready to save you and protect you at the drop of a hat, despite the fact that you'd beat him up hours beforehand. He wouldn't do that for anyone else. There's just... there's something there."

"Told you!" My sister shouts.

"Yeah yeah. Well, thank you. I'll see you later."

"Bye."

"Bye! I love you! I miss yo-" 

I interrupt my sister by hanging up. "Sorry. Ginger," I smile at Jason, who nods in understanding. I put my phone down and approach slowly. "Feel feminine from buying champagne?"

He smirks, "No, but it is freezing out there." It would be. It's snowing. 

I take out a normal glass and Jason hands me the champagne. "Chardonnay. Good one," I grin, opening it up. "Will you at least try it?"

"Lemonade and beer. End of story."

"That's not what it tastes like," I say defiantly. I pour some champagne and hand him the glass. He rolls his eyes and takes a sip. He looks at me, then the glass, before taking a second sip.

"It's all right," he says dismissively. I laugh softly and drink the rest of the glass in a second. "You going to drink that whole bottle?"

"Of course. You know champagne works faster than beer?"