We're not going to VidCon, Shelby,

I almost scream when I look in my money jar and see I have enough money after working and doing side jobs to go to VIDCON!  Faith says she's got enough too, and mum says she'll pay for whatever's left if there is any. We'll be a day late, though. But I call Faith and she comes over. We nearly scream my mum's ears off at the news. Faith decides to stay for a while as she's in no hurry to get home. However she can't stay the night because she got a new job and she's working tomorrow.

Video time!

"THAT'S FAITHY." I all but yell into the camera, pointing at Faith. "I call her Ty. Tyrone Blayze Jones. We're not too sure why."

"THAT'S SHELBY." She copies me. "Her name is really Al, Alfonzo John Rivera Henderson. I just called her that because I felt like it. And in the sixth grade the principal called for a teacher and his name was Mr. John, and we were getting off a really cool bus for special people." she winks.

"So I pipe up and say 'I'm Mr. John' in a british accent.." Faith laughs beside me and I punch her. "Shush!"

"Anyway bullshit aside this video isn't planned. Except for..."

"WE'RE GOING TO VIDCON!" I scream.

"Yeeeeeeeeeeee." she says creepily and awkwardly. I don't even know what goes through her brain sometimes. She falls back onto the floor, almost hitting the couch.

"God, be careful. You'll injure yourself, child."

"I'M TOO FUCKING FABULOUS TO BE INJURED BY A PEASANT COUCH." she calls from the floor. She's laid back and cross-legged, so she looks like she's uncomfortable.

"I'll let you play Temple Run if you get back up." that sends her shooting back into an upright position.

"Hello dreamers, my name is Ty, Tyrone Jones." oops, bad mistake.

"Lord." I laugh and roll my eyes.

I look back to the camera and to Faith again. She's adjusting her bow and then she pops her sparkly suspenders. I'm surprised she's not wearing her lens-free 3D glasses.

"2fab4u" she does her little gesture where she puts up two fingers, flips her hair, puts up four fingers, and points at the camera. I laugh, remembering when we made that up when we were thirteen. 

I hear the familiar voice of Vic Fuentes coming from Faith's phone.

Maybe we're just having too much fun, maybe you can't handle yourself staring at me with your lips and tongue

"Ugh lemme get this." she turns backwards and I look at her awkwardly. I start making faces in the camera while I hear a bunch of 'uh huhs.' I look back and she says 'okay' one last time and she looks at me with tears flooding her eyes. "My uncle died this morning."

My heart sinks. I know she loves all her uncles dearly and this must be hell for her. She turns around with tears still stinging at her eyes and she wipes her cheek with her sweater.

"I'm sorry Dreamers, but... for those of you who were hoping to see us at VidCon.."

My jaw drops.

"We're not going."

"WHAT?" I almost yell. "I know your fucking uncle just died but damn, don't fucking rip my dream out from under me!" she slams her hand on the off button of the camera.

"If I can't go to fucking VidCon, dreamyourlifefilms doesn't go. Think of it this way. If say Tony can't go to Warped, you don't fucking get Pierce the Veil, do you? If the actor of a movie dies mid-recording, you don't get that movie until they recast, do you? Friends don't just live other friends' dreams without them. Especially friends like us." she gets up, grabs her phone, and walks out the door. I can faintly hear my mum ask what's wrong and Faith tell her she's not going to VidCon. After the door closes, I walk out of my room.

"You're not going, you know." I bite my lip and storm back to my room.