A thousand views,

Well it hasn't been long but our videos have been getting at least a thousand views per video. We've been doing at least two videos per week and soon we hope to be one of the more popular youtube channels. But.. that probably won't happen..

I feel empty inside as I stare at my phone from the solitude of my own bed. The little shit has been dead for about ten minutes and my charger is at Shelby's. My life feels over because I can't text and I don't have access to our internet, considering the only computer we have is in my mother's room which is off limits. It's an unsaid rule that I've really fabricated in my own mind but I feel like I'm trespassing every time I go in without permission.. even with permission sometimes. But my laptop broke ages ago and I haven't been able to buy a new one. I spent all my (and Shelby's) money on a new camera, tripod, etc.

So as I've made it quite known electronics of that sort aren't really an option, I turn to my xbox. Something that doesn't have internet, either. My mom didn't want to run a cable through the house just to connect a video game to her computer so I'd have internet in my room. She obviously doesn't understand how important internet and online gaming is to someone my age. I'm just out of school and I'm in between jobs. I quit my job a few months ago because I was incapable of keeping it due to a two month long vacation I took to see my grandparents, and they wouldn't rehire me when I got back. I've been looking around, but no one's hiring, especially at this time when all the kids out of high school are looking for work because their parents are forcing them out of the house.

Thankfully, my mom isn't doing that. It's mostly because I'm saving up for an apartment that I plan to share with Shelby.

I finally snap back into reality when my eight-year-old dog trots through my door.

"Maddy," I coo. She whines a little and wags her butt thumb. I can hear tiny jack russel feet scamper down the hall. The littler dog pounces on the boxer, and it turns into a playful brawl. "Pockeaux.." I whine. He's always been a mischievous little thing. We're from down south, so of course the spelling is odd. It's pronounced Paco, kind of like a parrot, I guess.

My little sister, so proud to finally be a junior in high school, comes around and crouches down to play with the dogs in front of my door.

"Jaaaaade." I say.

"Whaaaaaaat?" she replies. I smirk and wave her in, patting a spot on the bed. She gestures for the dogs to come in, as well.

"So, did you miss me?" I ask, meaning today was my first day home after being at my dad's and Shelby's since I've even been back in the state.

"Yeah!" she says, like 'duhh!' I can understand, the little twerp misses me when I'm gone, usually even when I'm only gone for the weekend at my dad's. I love her to death but the girl can be a tad bitchy. But really, who isn't sometimes?

"So I'm guessing you're excited to start your junior year tomorrow?"

"Really excited."

"And I take it you're jealous that I've finished school?" I smile evilly. She smiles a different evil smile, like an 'I'll get you for that' smile and punches my arm.

"Yes.." she mumbles. Oh, how I've missed bothering her.

"So, have you been watching me become famous?" I say, almost sarcastically. It's because I know I haven't actually told Jade that I was on youtube yet. Her eyes get wide.

"No! How?!" she exclaims.

"Youtube. Shelby and I are officially making videos and plan on going to VidCon whenever we can. We're hopefully going to meet famous youtubers and maybe doing some collabs with them... and if we're really good... we'll possible become Youtube partners or something. I think that's where you get paid to video or something..." All the while I'm saying this, her jaw is dropping more and more.