Sorry,

Apparently today was the last day of VidCon.. I'm still a little pissed inside but I know it wasn't right for me to do that. So everything's cool.

When my eyes flutter open, I check my clock.

8:14 am. I shouldn't be up this early. Especially on a Monday. When everyone else is in school.

That's the beauty of it, yeah? I decide to spam Faith's phone, and realize she's probably working. I sigh and throw my phone down. That's when I realize I have other friends and pick my phone back up, deciding on texting Amiyah.

'hai'

A couple minutes later she doesn't respond so I begin sending random messages back to back. Everybody hates me for doing that, but that's the way of the Shelby.

When she "wakes up" and starts actually texting me, I tell her about how we couldn't go to VidCon, which would mean we couldn't meet people who liked our kind of music, so we couldn't make people go to Warped with us. It's a terrible story, really.

She matched my annoyance by ranting with me. I tell her I'll be back eventually when I get a call from Faith.

I press my thumb down on the talk button and say my usual greeting.

"Shemurr?"

"Yo. I'm about to go on my lunch break, why don't you come down?" she asks. My jaw drops when I realize how late it got just texting Mya.

"Duh where are we going to be?"

"I was thinking Chick-Fil-A." I laugh, knowing she obsesses over chicken from there.

"Gotta get 'dem waffle fries." I say with my most ghetto voice. I can hear a soft giggle. "What time?"

"As soon as you get here. Lumpkin plaza, okay?"

"Mk peaches."

Peaches just so happens to be our awkward way to say goodbye.

"Peaches."

I hang up and look around.

"There you are, you rebel," I say to my wallet, which happens to be under my bed. I pull out a twenty, stuff it in my pocket, and head to the kitchen. My parents are out so I leave them a note before leaving.

The whole drive to the restaurant, I have my Sleeping with Sirens acoustic album playing. As I awkwardly sing along to most of the songs, I get a few stares at a couple traffic lights.

When I finally pull into the parking lot, I see that Faith is still leaning against her car, waiting.

"You could have gone inside, you know. It's still really hot out."

"I know, I just wanted to see you when you got here. I'm really sorry about the VidCon thing." she mumbles.

"I should.."

"Just, come on."

We walk inside the restaurant and the lady at the counter greets us, becoming familiarized with our faces. We come in quite often.

"The usual, ladies?" I smile humorously and nod. We sit down after we get our tickets and begin talking about our plans.

"How long do you think it'll take before we can afford the apartment?" I ask.

"Not really sure, but you know a job would be nice first." she laughs and I reach over the table and slap her.

"Yeah, whatever, but really. The one we want might not be in our range once I do get a job. Plus the golf cart's probably out of the question for quite a while." we giggle as we reminisce about our younger dreams of having a pimped out golf cart. Actually we still want one.

"But we can get apple seeds from apples, and chances are we'll get them from Misse's." she winks and starts laughing hysterically. I join in but then our names are called. She volunteers to go get the food and I almost don't trust her with my food. She would marry food if she could.

After a bit of math, we decide another apartment could be afforded or our first choice could be afforded with another roommate.

"First choice, and we're adding Hannah. If you get a job this week, we can move in next month. Hannah's already working so you're just forever alone until you get a job."

"Omg fine," I say, taking a bite of my waffle fry. "How about I work here?"

"Do you really want to work out of town?"

"No." I roll my eyes.

"Hmm, we might just have to move to Baltimore to stalk Alex Gaskarth without you."

And with that, my life is over.