The end of vacation,

It hasn't been very long, but it's time to go home. That peculiar night when I saw the familiar girl really got to me and I was hoping we could go back.

But we never did.

So basically I've been spending my half-week in total curiosity while no one paid attention to me. That's normal, and nothing but what I want. I pull out my phone and start scrolling through random applications, almost interested in some. Nothing really comes to my attention until I see a new video on youtube titled "IS THAT YOU?" Not sure what it means, I click on it. When Faith and Shelby start babbling about how they thought Faith saw me in a restaurant, my stomach somersaults. The face, the hair, the attitude, it's all really coming together now. I apologize if that sounded really cheesy. It was more than just a familiar face, it was the person I've been wanting to meet for the past couple of months. And of course I couldn't put my finger on who she was and even if I did I probably would have cowered away and sunk further into my chair.

Then I hear something about Playlist Live and exit before I can start exploding of happiness. When I think I've calmed down, I decide I'm going find her twitter and see if she's following me, for direct messaging purposes.

Well, isn't that totally expected, she is. A smile creeps onto my face as I hit 'follow' and direct message her.

'I saw your video, and I think that actually was me..' It seems a bit vague, so I continue.

'I mean, at the Italian restaurant. I ordered raviolis. You work there, don't you?' I wait a few minutes and there's no response. A few more minutes and I'm feeling a bit worried. what if she already saw it and didn't want to answer? that couldn't happen, she talks about me all the time.. what if maybe she just didn't get it? or doesn't check her twitter? My thoughts are interrupted by a message.

'OMG that was you? I didn't think you'd be around!'

'I wish I'd have known, I would have said something more than 'I'll get you some cake..'' I laugh a bit, my worries pushed aside.

'It's fine, are you going to Playlist Live? I think I heard something about that too.' The response comes much sooner this time.

'Yeah, I hope so.'

'Maybe we could meet up there? (:' I had to put the smiley face, but it doesn't even begin to explain my emotions.

'Absolutely!'

After that conversation, I'm much more interested in twitter. DM's are becoming more and more centered around messaging this one girl when I finally work up the courage to ask for her phone number.

And guess what. She gave it to me.

I decide not to text her the first day, so I don't seem pushy. I think about it, though, telling myself she's not a normal girl. She's extraordinary in every way, and she's already made it very clear that she at least enjoys talking to me.

When I do decide to text her, I accidentally press 'call' instead of 'message' on her contact, and realize it's too late to hang up now.

"Jello?" I hear. Jello is probably the last thing I thought I'd hear, honestly.

"Um, hi, it's Christian." I say awkwardly.

"Oh hi!" I sigh in relief when I realize she's excited about this call. We do a bit of half-awkward, half-comfortable talking, the comfortable talking mostly coming from her. I'm thankful that she's like that, because I don't think this call would have worked if she wasn't.

When it's time to say goodbye, the life-threatening words accidentally tumble out of my mouth.

"Love you, bye." Then I hang up in the middle of saying 'Oh my gosh no!' I stare at my phone, wondering if she picked that up. Texting her sorry seems to be the most logical thing to do.

'my bad i didnt mean 2 say tht sorry' I text. World's laziest texter award goes to Christian Novelli. I know, wouldn't she like for me to text properly? Maybe I should look into that. That would make me seem smarter, wouldn't it? Probably not..

After that text is forgotten I can't help myself from thinking about all kinds of things that might happen in Orlando next year.

I get up off the floor beside the bed and close up my bag, as it's time to leave.

I'm beginning to seriously hate planes.