Going home,

It's about week after VidCon and I'm getting quite antsy in this room. After deciding my time in California was up, I got my ticket back home and called my mom to get me from the airport. Quite oddly, though, she tells me we have to fly down to Louisiana. We're going on vacation with friends.

Fun, fun.

I'm really not looking forward to it because one, I've been "vacationing" for about two weeks. So anyway,  post-flight isn't very fun. I still couldn't find the baggage claim even though it's a totally different airport. An airport I've been to before. Once I find it, I decide to get out my camera and start a video.

"Hey, my name is Christian, and I'm at an airport. I just got home from VidCon and I'm waiting for my mom. I have to go to Louisiana for a vacation tomorrow, though. So I won't be videoing regularly." I bite my lip and look to the left. "Who wants to see me ride on the baggage claim?" I do my awkward little fist dance and nod a bit. After awkwardly waiting for an "answer" I climb in my open bag. "Woooo. This is fun." I smile strangely and see someone walking towards me. "Okay bye." I say and almost slap the camera. The person doesn't exactly look happy so I climb out of my bag and grab it, hurrying off.

All the chairs in the front by the door look like a nice place to wait as opposed to the benches outside, so I quietly sit while my mom is on her way.

I girl, about fifteen years of age, walks up and sits next to me.

"You're touchtheskyfilms, aren't you?" she asks, seemingly trying to contain her excitement. Inside I'm panicking, but I try to compose myself.

"Yeah.." I mumble.

"You're really awesome! I just came from VidCon, what a coincidence we came back at the same time! And live around the same airport. Oh, hold on." she says after her phone beeps. "Oh I see your new video!" she says excitedly, hopping up and walking away, staring at her phone. Probably watching the video. I don't know whether to be relieved she's gone, appreciative that she's watching my video, or insulted that she ditched me for virtual me.

Before she comes back, thankfully, my mom walks through the door. I smile at her and we walk out the door.

The car ride is nice, because it's better to be in a familiar car rather than just some car you rented.

"How was VidCon?" my mom asks.

"It was...good." I say. Not really lying but really, it wasn't my favorite convention. "How's... how's the toaster doing?" I ask and look at the floor. That gets a laugh from my mom.

"It's doing good." she laughs some more. "So guess what we're going to be doing down in Louisiana?"

"Vacationing." I guess.

"Actually I can't tell you, it's a surprise." she says. That makes me assume it's a birthday thing. I'd rather celebrate that at home, really. In front of a camera. I fake a smile and turn to the road.

A day later and back to the airport. This isn't exactly what I wanted to do upon getting home. I'm somewhat getting a bit tired of airplanes.

The bright side is we go to a restaurant when we get there. It's too late to cook anything and plus, who wants to cook on vacation? I believe the restaurant's name is Joe's Italian. I decide on some raviolis and when I look up, I notice the waitress is quite familiar. But I'm not good with familiar people in public so I kind of keep my head down. I don't fully look up. The waitress takes our menus and leaves. The chairs are nice and comfortable so I lean back and proceed with scrolling through my phone to avoid conversation.

When the girl comes back, my mom says it's my birthday.

"Oh, really? I um.. I know of someone whose birthday is today. He's really cool."

I kind of look up through my hair and still can't put my finger on who she is. I can't possibly know her; I've never been around here before. The thing is she's beautiful and I feel awkward.

"Well, I'll be back with your orders and I'll get something special for you." I look up again and she's pointing at me, smiling.

More scrolling.

Then our food arrives. I slowly eat and end up the last one done. When our plates are taken, I accidentally make a split second of eye contact with the waitress.

Oops.

I snuck my camera in my bag and decide to go in the bathroom of our condominium once we get there. To make a video. Of course..

"Um, hey, my name is Christian. Well today what I really wanted to talk about is that I was at this restaurant. In Louisiana. It was really good but also very awkward." I pause. "There were my friends of my mom and I didn't know them so really I just scrolled through my phone." I hold up my phone and purse my lips, slightly smiling. "There was this girl though, who looked really familiar. I'm really awkward, as you probably already know..." I look down. "and I couldn't talk to her. She looked like she was really cool though and I was just inwardly wishing that she would say 'Oh hey, you're cool, do you want cake and will you hang out with me or we could go to a concert or something' but that didn't happen. I actually did get cake for my birthday though so it's cool." I sigh and almost stop the camera and delete the video. But I decide not to. "It was an Italian restaurant, by the way. That's always good. But hey, you, if you're watching this video and you're the girl I saw, make sure you.. use a calculator for Spanish."

And that's basically the end of the video other than me doing my weird dance like I do in most of my videos.

"Okay peace out, girl scout."