Face to....screen,

After several weeks of texting Faith, I can't wait much longer to meet her. Basically, I feel like Skype is the next best thing.

"Sorry, Christian. I don't have Skype. It crashed my computer a few years back and now I hate it."

Ouch.

"Do you have Facetime, then?" I ask.

"Yeah."

Score. As soon as her face appears on my phone, I almost hit the home button because I'm scared I'm going to mess up. Something stops me though.

"Hey, Christian!" Faith says with a large grin. I return her excited smile and feel something in my stomach. I feel like I'm floating.

"Hey." I say, still smiling.

"I've been getting antsy wanting to talk to you like this for a while, oh gosh." She says, looking at the floor. When she looks up, her cheeks are red and her eyes are just. Wow.

"Me too. I can't wait to actually meet you. You're gorgeous." I feel the last part slip and for once, don't cover my mouth, but my cheeks start burning, probably making me look like a tomato. Faith's face mirrors mine and she smiles, making me realize I'm smiling too.

"Thank you. You don't know how much that means to me." Her smile fades a bit, but there's still a slight curve in her mouth. Her eyes go down a bit and she seems to be scanning something. "Sorry, that's Shelby bothering me to get her a soda."

"Don't you live together?" I ask, a bit confused.

"Yeah, but she's too lazy to come out of her room." She emphasizes 'lazy' and 'room.' I nod, chuckling slightly. There's a faint shout coming from probably Shelby's room.

"I heard that! Just get me a damn Coke!" Faith laughed and shook her head. By the way the background was moving, I could tell she was getting up to do what she was told.

"Looks like I'm the new servant. I've actually been more responsible than the child." She jerks her thumb over her shoulder and I laugh.

"I can imagine that. Make sure to shake up her soda." I whisper the last part while grinning evilly. Faith smirks and nods. She turns the camera on her phone around to show me her actions. The refrigerator opens to reveal quite the selection of food and drinks. Her hand hovers a bit, I suppose looking for a Coke.

"This, Christian...is my revenge." She says, holding the can closer to the camera. I grin at her words. She begins shaking the can vigorously and doesn't stop until she approaches the door I suspect is Shelby's.

"We're evil," I chuckle.

"Mhm." The door opens and I see Shelby face-down on her bed, headphones in her ears. Her iPhone, I suppose, is next to her face. Faith walks over to her and Shelby kind of flails her arm to tell us she's awake. The next thing I see is the soda pressed up against Shelby's face and I start laughing, squinting my eyes shut when I see her reaction.

"Peasant." Shelby mutters, grabbing the can. Faith starts walking out slowly, the camera facing her now, but that's so I can see over her shoulder. The soda explodes in Shelby's face and Faith begins running outside. She climbs a tree or something, because I can see branches and leaves everywhere. We're both laughing the whole time.

"That was fun." she says breathlessly.

"Yeah, it was." I agree. Faith's eyes widens and the camera turns around to show Shelby angrily running out of the house. She's laughing, which shows she can't be too angry.

"I'M GOING TO BEAT YOUR PRETTY LITTLE ASS, OH MY GOD." She yells but can't contain her laughter, which kind of eliminates the belief of her anger. I giggle as I see a twig being thrown down, followed by a handful of leaves.

"DON'T MAKE ME KILL LIQUID BIRDS." Faith threatens with an egg in her hand.

"Oh gosh, don't!" I say, still laughing.

"Fine." she replies.

"You're talking to Christian again, aren't you?" Shelby says, picking leaves from her shirt.

"Mhm."

"Hi." I pipe up. Shelby's face lights up.

"No." Faith says before Shelby can say anything. She waves her off, walking back inside. "I'm gonna drop my phone in a bed of clovers, so don't freak when the sky seems to be falling." she giggles and I nod. For a bit I feel as if I'm flying, half because of the way I already feel, half because the phone's in the air. The phone lands face up, so I'm looking at the clouds. There's a thump and shortly after Faith picks up the phone.

We have an unbelievably amazing conversation after that for about half an hour.

That's when the unthinkable happens. I'd gotten a drink a minute or so earlier, and when I bring the cup down from my lips, it slips from my fingers and all over my phone. My face is overcome with terror and shock as my phone blinks out.

What just happened? I cannot believe it. I quickly try to turn it back on, in the hopes it still works, but in the back of my mind I know it won't. And that's exactly what happens. It just doesn't. I rush out of my room to get the home phone and quickly dial Faith's number.

"Hello...?"

"Oh, gosh. It's Christian. I spilled my water all over my phone. It won't turn on."

"I saw that. Put it in rice for a few days, see what happens then." I raise my eyebrows. "It works, trust me." I nod and look around, sighing. "Do you need to hang up to go find rice?" I nod, thankful she understood. Then I realize she can't see me.

"Yeah. Thanks. Call you later?" I ask.

"That'd be great." I can almost hear her smiling through the line. I smile back. "Bye."

"Bye." The line goes dead and I hang up the phone, smiling. I lean up against the wall and just think a bit. Finally, I get up and go find the rice, dropping my phone in, shaking it up some to make it cover the little device. I sigh because I know I won't be able to privately talk to Faith for at least a couple of days. Good thing Playlist Live is in a couple months, or I'd probably end up going crazy. I probably still will.

Hello, camera.

"Oh, hello there. My name is Christian."