Chapter 9 (Em)

Note 5

Lexa left me.
Em
Ems POV

Have you ever woken up with someone expecting to regret what you just did but instead find your self to be lacking any regrets. I don't even know myself anymore. I swore I wouldn't sleep with Zane. I also thought Lexa would never leave me. Guess I'm wrong about a lot of things now in days.

"Zane, you're crushing me," I whine to his snoring form. Yep, snoring. I thought my snoring was bad but it's nothing compared to his. At least he doesn't drool. Suddenly his grip tightens and I hold back a his. Zane might not look like he's super muscular but he's still strong as hell. My newly crushed ribs could attest to that. Years of training to fight gave him strength. I squirm in his grasp but find that only makes him squeeze me more. Stupid puny me. I can't even get out of his arms when we're sleeping! How would I ever win in a fight against him!

Wait I shouldn't be thinking about fighting him. We're allies. We're in a relationship! He's not going to be a problem. When he shifts his grip I realize he may be a big problem right now. The change in grip meant he was crushing my chest; limiting my breathing.

"Zane!" I squeak as I slam a violent elbow into his chest.

He wakes with a start.

"What?" He growls, but now that's he awake he no longer crushing me and I can breath find again, though I'm sure I'll have some bruises.

"You were hurting me," I snap back before turning his arms to face him. Spooning is a no no. It would only lead to my death; I'll store that in my memory for later times.

"I was?"

"Mhm, I'll show you the bruises later when they undoubtedly will show up." His eyes look over me head as I stare at them. They looked so dark right now, as if his troubled mind had darkened them.

"You're so hot," I sigh, before placing a gentle kiss on his cheek.

"I'm sorry... for you know... hurting you," he replies finally looking back at me.

"You know what you could do to make it better?" I ask in that way that tell the person you've got an idea for them.

"What?"

"Kiss it better."

********************************
"Em!" Jake shouts before limping over to me. For some reason I don't think it's the wound the wolf causing the limp, and maybe that reason was the way the ever smug Henry was acting.

"Bottom," I cough into my elbow, the north girl standing next to me giggles slightly being the only one understanding me, as Jake joins us. I don't know who you are girl but I love you. Anyone who laugh at my jokes is someone I love........... Like Lexa. She used to laugh at all my jokes.

"Yes Jack? Jake. I said Jake. Not jack. Something tell me you don't need to be jack yourself, I'm sure someone else can do that for you," I mumble making Jake glare suspiciously. Okay that one sucked. In my defense my best friend left me because she thinks I'm a monster so you know what FUCK YOU JAKE! I tried. My joke might have sucked, but I'm trying!

"I don't think she heard any of that," the north girl announces yanking me out of my thoughts.

"Well, that's rude," Jake whines.

"Twins, hunting, showing off skills, I was listening. Now continue," I reply surprising myself. Good to know my subconscious can hear what I can't.

"Well I also mentioned the jacking off joke wasn't funny, and that was clearly important part of all that I said," Jake snaps back. Since when does he have this much confidence. It's because Lexa left isn't it. The asshole thinks that just because Lexa can treat me like shit that he can too! I'll show him; he can't treat me like that!