Chapter 4

"Where are we going?" I looked at my phone checking the time. 12:43.

"Secret! Can't tell you." He grinned.

Then he pulled up to this weird looking place. I'm not sure what it was called though.

"We're here!" He said turning off the car.

"Connor, this looks like a place for like a date." I said looking at him. This is NOT a date. Is it?

" yeah I know, but I need to tell/ask you something. And, I thought a nice place to eat would be good, ya know?" He said being serious

"Ok ill give it a try." I said smiling as I got out of the car. He got out and locked arms with me and we pretended to be all fancy. I laughed at our weirdness.

We walked in and it was a REALLY nice and fancy place.

"I didn't know you have to reserve a table..." I said as we stood in line. He just smiled.

When we got up to the man at the table with a book thingey Connor said "Franta, party of two"

"Wow, I guess you're NOT 5 anymore..." I said grinning as we walked to our table.

We sat down and ordered drinks.

"This is a really nice place Connor." I said looking into his beautiful eyes.

"Yep! And I really hope it's not that expensive..." He said below his voice.

A few minutes later we ordered food. I got a vegan chicken breast. And Connor got like the ribs things I'm not quite sure what it was.

"What did you want to tell me or ask me or whatever?" I said as I took a drink of my water.

"Well, you know how we're flying out to California in 2 days..." He said hesitating.

"Yeah..." I said nervous.

"We'll I was going to tell you I'm not coming back to Minnesota."

"What?! What about school? What about your family?" I said almost crying, "what about me..." At this point I had tears in my eyes.

"No Taylor! Don't cry." He said grabbing my hand. "I wanted to ask you if you wanted to live with me in the house I got" he said smiling slightly.

I wiped back my tears a little, but I was still crying...now crying of joy. "Of course Ill live with you in California." I said with a little laugh in between sobs.

"Wy are you crying still?" He asked concerned.

"Because," I wiped my mascara off the bottom of my eye. "I love you so much."

He smiled and we went on with finishing our food. I was still really happy, but I managed to stop crying. The bill was only $40. Not as expensive as I thought.

"Let me pay Connor." I said

"No let me pay. I took you here and I should pay"

"But you're letting me stay with you in calif-"

"Let me pay." He said with a smile. I smiled back and just was thinking of moving to California. I was so excited.

Later that night Connor dropped me off at home. Kayley was home and I told her all about moving with Connor.

"But I'm going to miss you!" She said hugging me.

"I'm gonna miss you too! But I'll text you everyday" I said smiling.

"But Bryce will miss you too." She said almost crying and picking up Bryce and putting him on my lap getting black and white fur all over my pants and hoodie.