Chapter 3

Sorry if anyone thinks the Games in this chapter goes fast. I really don't like writing when Finnick and Annie are not together. It makes me sad:(

FINNICK

For the next couple of weeks, Annie and I train together almost every day. I taught her everything I know. As for Reese, he requested to train alone and I'm glad. He's just a....... I'm not even going to say the word. That just means more time with Annie. We have formed this unlikely friendship, but I long for it to be more.

Shes pretty good with tying knots and making ropes. But as for the trident, she can barely lift it. We try other weapons; knife(fail), a spear(fail), and a bow and arrow(double fail). I guess we will just have to make do with the skills she already knows.

We both talk about our families. Our life at home. She asks me about what it was like for me in the arena, but I just cant bring myself to tell her. The last thing I want to do is scare her more than she already is.

I learned that her family owns a business selling nets and its very busy, so she doesnt see them that much. I feel sad for her. I see my parents all the time. Well, i did, until the Capitol started sending strange women to my house.......

These days with Annie didn't last long. The day of the games came too quickly. Before she got on the hovercraft, I looked at her with tears in my eyes and said "I love you." "I love you too, Finnick" she says. I kiss her on the cheek, and watch her walk to the hovercraft.

*************

I've done everything I can to keep Annie alive.

I've spent millions of dollars and slept with about 10 Capitol women to send parachutes and notes of courage. I'm glad Reese is sticking with her, but I'm scared he will turn on her too soon. But then I didn't have too.

Annie decided to stay in their tree while Reese went to look for food. Time passed, and Annie went to look for him. She spots him, and just as she is about to call his name, the District 1 tribute decapitates him. She screamed, ran, and hid.

Now I have no idea where she is.

I storm out of the room and into the hallway. "That little....." i mumble to myself about the District 1 tribute, but i know that both Annie and Reese couldn't have won together. 24 tributes, only one comes out.

A Capitol citizen passing through the hallway comes up next to me and whispers "Shes gone mad. She must have really cared for that boy. Shes not going to make it Finnick"

Once hes gone, i take a wine glass from the table next to me and hurl it against the wall.

Of course he knew my name. Every Capitol citizen does. Many people think i live for the fame and money, but really, no one knows what it feels like to be me. And he shouldn't talk about Annie like that. Especially to me.

I suddenly hear gasping from the room where the mentors are. I rush in to find that the arena barrier has broken, and now the arena is flooding. Fast.

Now I know this is Annie's game to win. She was basically born to be a swimmer. Her father taught her at age two. Shes been in the water ever since.

Not much time passes when she is announced the winner.

I start jumping up and down and hugging the other mentors and I know they think I'm an idiot, but I don't care.

Annie won. She won and she's coming home.

To me.

Please vote and comment and I will update soon!