Chapter 2

FINNICK

I am nervous as I walk through each train car. This is my first time mentoring. What if I mess up? Finally, I arrive in the food car, where the two tributes are. When they see me, they both stand up. The boy is very skinny with long red hair. I feel sad for him because I'm certain he's not going to make it. Then I look at the girl. The most beautiful girl I have ever seen. She has long brown hair and sea green eyes, like mine. I try to stop staring, but I cant help it. She's so beautiful."Finnick Odair" I say, holding my hand out to the boy but still staring at the girl. "Reese Mctitus" he says. I chuckle a little because it's such a manly name for such a small boy.

I turn to the girl. "Annie Cresta" she says. "My pleasure" I say. She blushes and looks down at her feet. I know I am making a fool of myself, but I keep going. "Let me just say that you are very beautiful" "Thank you" she says. "You are too" She realizes what she says and covers her mouth with her hands. Surprisingly, I blush. Did she just call me beautiful? Reese starts laughing at Annie and this somehow makes me mad. "No reason to make fun of her" I snap at him. This somehow offends him. He punches me in the face and runs into the other car. I turn away from Annie, wincing in pain. Maybe Reese does have a chance in the arena.

"Oh my god! Are you okay?" Annie says. "Yeah" I lie. She rushes over to me and puts an ice pack on my cheek. I look up at her and she's staring at me with wide, worried eyes. "No your not" she says quietly. We smile at each other, and I start to get a feeling I've never felt before. I cant describe it.

"Annie, I know I just met you, but I want you to know that I will do everything I can to make you win these games." She stares at me, and tears start streaming down her face. "What's wrong?" I ask. "I'm just really glad your here" she says.

Sorry it's so short, but I felt like that was a good ending. Please comment and I will update soon!