Chapter 13

ANNIE

Oh, joy. The 74th Hunger Games. And if your wondering, it has been four years since I met Finnick Odair. Every day is mainly the same. I'm not going to explain my whole schedule, but let's just say it has to do with me and Finnick, Capitol women, and the beach, all at different times of course.

Even though watching the Games is mandatory, Finnick says we don't have to watch it. I think he just wants to protect me from the memories. So now we lay on my bed, staring at the ceiling. I wish we could go to the beach, but Finnick said the Peacekeepers would find us and punish us for not watching the Games. I love him so much, but for some reason I'm too afraid to say it out loud. Maybe it's because the visits with the Capitol women still bother me. Or maybe it's because I'm afraid there are cameras around, secretly watching us. You can never trust the Capitol.

My parents had to move further west in the District because their net business isn't doing too well. They said they trust me with Finnick. Well, my mom did. My dad isn't too fond of Finnick and I dating. I guess it's because of the age difference. But he went along with it because my mom did.

Finnick brings me out of my daydreaming when he says "I'm gonna go check up on the Games. Be right back" and he's gone. That's when the memories come........

Reese and I are sitting in a tree when we suddenly realize we are out of food. I start to get up, but Reese stops me. "I'll go hunting. You stay here" He hops out of the tree and walks off. After about an hour or two, I start to worry, so I climb out of the tree and go searching for him. Just as I come into a clearing in the trees, the District 1 male tribute has his arms around Reese as he struggles. Then he takes his axe and.........

I come back to reality, screaming, with Finnick at my side soothing me. He takes me in his arms.

"Hey. I have an idea. What's your happy place?" he asks me.

I think. I have never really been happy in my life. My family has always been pretty poor. And the Games have never made me happy. But that was until I met Finnick. Even if you live in the bad world that we do, Finnick makes everything better just by being there. 

"Anywhere you are"

His face goes serious, and he kisses me.

"So, whenever your having bad thoughts, just think of me. Ok?"

I nod.

That night, I had no bad dreams, because my only thought was of Finnick.

See that vote button? I'd press that. You should too. More updates coming soon!