Chapter 14

FINNICK

Katniss Everdeen and and Peeta Mellark won the Hunger Games. They're strategy was pretty clever, too.

They both wanted to win because they were"in love", so they almost committed suicide with nightlock. Of course the Capitol didn't want anyone to make fun of their precious little games, so they stopped them and both Peeta and Katniss won.

I wish I was clever enough to make fun of the Capitol in my games, but when your put in the arena, your brain is programmed to kill.

So, the Victory Tour has already started and Katniss and Peeta visit District 4 today. That means Annie and I have to go. I was going to bribe the mayor or one of the peacekeepers into letting Annie and I not go, but I know that it would only result in more Capitol women the next few weeks.

Annie and I are standing in the town square as I speak. Katniss is making a speech about how sorry she is that the kids from our District died and how they were very brave.

I doubt she doesn't even know their names.

But every person who wins makes the same speech. It's the only thing you can say, even if you don't even know their names. You can't say your happy you won the games, because the games come with a price for everyone.

Annie holds my hand tighter as Katniss speaks. I know this is hard for her, and I would love to take her home, but I would probably get shot if I took a few steps out of the town square.

The Peacekeepers have come in by the dozens since the Games ended. It makes me wonder what's happening in the other districts.

This chapter was dedicated to @SoccerlyChic11 because she likes my story so much. You rock! Comment and vote! Also, does anyone think the chapters are too short? Please comment if I need to make them longer. Thanks!