Chapter 19

ANNIE

I walk back to my house in the Victor's Village, kicking a rock here and there. I can't wait to see Finnick and talk about the reaping. I have missed him so much. I run up to the door and push it open.

"Finnick!' I yell. There is no reply. Where could he be?

Suddenly, everything comes to me. Finnick was reaped. He's on his way to the Capitol. To be in the Hunger Games for a second time. There is a huge chance he will not come back. And that means no future with him. No children. Nothing. I pick up the T.V remote and hurl it at the wall.

That's the last thing I remember before I pass out.

                                   ***********************************************

"Come on, Momma! Come in the water!" he calls to me.

As soon as I look up, his sea green eyes seduce me into the water. Hands suddenly wrap around my waist.

"Our son is quite persuasive, isn't he?" Finnick says.

I laugh. "He gets it from you"

I look up at Finnick, and I find that he is looking at me too. He steps away for a minute, to pick up a pretty shell lying in the sand. I look back at my son, only to find him about to hurl a trident at me.

"NO!" Finnick screams. He jumps in front of me, and the trident impales him. 

                                   *********************************************

I wake up screaming.

"FINNICK!" I scream. Over and over and over again. No one answers. I lay my head down on the hard, shiny floor, out of breath.

He will survive, I tell myself. We will have a son, exactly like him. Maybe soon. But before that, we will have an extravagant wedding. Everything will be beautiful. Oh, so beautiful....

I can not imagine life without Finnick. The thought of me, lying in the dark without him there to hold me, haunts me.

But he's coming back. He told me so. And he never lies.

Right?

Sorry it's so short. I just wanted to let you into Annie's head a little bit. Vote/comment! -HGfangirl66