Chapter 12

FINNICK

The stress has really been bad lately.

First if all, the Capitol women come everyday except the weekends. They also stay the night, so I've been sleeping at my house instead of Annie's.

Second, Annie is getting worse. I guess the big after-effects of being in the Games have just now kicked in. I find myself wanting to walk out of the door sometimes because she's so...... so....... No. I can't say the word. She's perfect. I just have to remember that she's perfect. But one night, this didn't work out so well.

Me and Annie were sitting on the couch. It was raining outside. I think the rain reminded her of the Games somehow, so she started screaming and crying.

I tried, I really tried, to calm her down. But like I said, I have had a lot of stress lately. So I stood up, and yelled "Stop!"

She looked at me shocked. I immediately regretted saying that, but of course I couldn't take it back. She stood up, gave me a long, blank look, and went right out on to the balcony in the rain. Then she locked the door. I started crying, quietly telling her to come back inside. But she didn't. Then I got mad. Mad at myself. So, I punched one of the windows on the other side of the room.

Glass goes everywhere and my hand starts gushing blood. Not caring about that, I sit down on the floor and continue to cry. Then I pass out.

The next time I woke up, my head was in Annie's lap, and she was stroking my hair. I constantly say I'm sorry, and then she tells me something that I won't forget.

"Finnick, this is not your fault. This is the Capitol's fault. You can blame yourself all you want, but truly, the Capitol has done this to both of us. Has made us go crazy. Especially me" she giggles. I smile, because it's true. And she understands what going on in my head.

I am now forgiven. And every now and then I say sorry, but she always shushes me with a kiss.

This chapter was inspired by the song Not Your Fault by AWOLNATION. Check it out, it's awesome. Vote/comment please!