Chapter 16

FINNICK

I sit back in my chair, taking this all in.

Plutarch Heavensbee. A plot. To destroy the Capitol. How can they take down the Capitol? President Snow is too powerful. He can just wave his hand, and this whole "team", including Plutarch himself, will die. That's how its always been and always will be.

After awhile, Plutarch must have gotten annoyed by my silence.

"As you may know, Katniss Everdeen just won the past Games. She has started a revolution; a rebellion" He is about to go on, but he pauses, maybe noticing I am still stunned by the first sentence he said.

"So.......... why am I here, then?" I say rather annoyed.

He takes a deep breath. "In the upcoming Games, The Quarter Quell, I have arranged the theme to be past victors. So everyone who has won will be reaped once again"

"No!" I jump out of my seat, cross the room, and get close to his face.

"Whatever you do, don't mess with my Annie or I swear I will-"

He cuts me off. "Not to worry, Mr. Odair" He pats me on the back and walks me back to my seat.

"Your, um........ Annie will not get reaped. Only you will"

No. No, no no, this cant be happening. I would choose to die rather than go back in the games. The effect is terrible. No, never...........

"No, not again" I stand up to leave, but he stops me.

"Mr. Odair. When you go back into the arena, your goal will be to risk your life for Katniss Everdeen. To protect her no matter what. She is the leader of the rebellion. And the prize.............." He drops his voice to a whisper. "Mr. Cornilias Snow dead." He leans close to my ear and barely whispers " And I know about your history with him. I know all you want is him dead."

What is he, a spy? At this point, I am furious. He has no right to bring me into this room and bring up the girl I absolutely adore and two bad memories that I have to re-live.

But something stops me. President Snow dead would be the best thiong that has ever happened to me, besides Annie.

"Yes. I'll.... I'll do it"

"Great. I will let you know more details as they come." He glances down at his watch. "Oh, im terribly sorry, but Im late for a meeting. Your hovercraft has already arrived. Farewell, Mr. Odair" And with that, he is gone.

What a strange little man, I think. I need to go home and relax; think about all of this new information that has been given to me.

I know that I can't possibly tell Annie. I feel very guilty about that. But I can't. Who knows what she will do if I tell her im going back into the games? I think we just need to enjoy the time we still have left together.