Chapter 10

ANNIE

Lonely and sad. That's how I feel.

The past few days I've spent with Finnick have been amazing. I guess we're dating now. That makes me happy. but I suddenly think of a detail that ruins my happiness.

I will have to share Finnick with the Capitol women. If I want to be with him i have to accept that. Almost every night, he will be with a Capitol woman. I know he will never love them, but it still makes me feel awkward. I decide to go over to his house and talk to him about it.

***********

I decide not to knock since he's probably asleep. As i tiptoe to his room, I stop, because i hear talking. Finnick and a woman......... Oh. I completly forgot.

The capitol woman is here.

I need to go, but instead I find my self leaning in closer to listen to their conversation.

"Oh Finnick, thank you so much. I will definitely come back soon"

"Oh, its my pleasure. I would love for you to come back soon" Finnick says, but I hardly recognize his voice. It's seductive, almost like he's purring his words. Strange.

I hear them walking out of the bedroom, so I hide in the nearest closet and crack the door a little.

When the Capitol woman has left and Finnick has closed the door, he slides to the floor and puts his head in his hands. I stumble forward a little and the door makes a loud creaking noise. He heard it.

I close the door and sit on the soft carpet, staring into the darkness.

"Annie" I look up to see Finnick looming over me. He helps me up, and then starts panicking. "Annie, how much did you see?"

"Just you two talking"

"Oh. Good." He gives me a hug, and he smells like some weird Capitol perfume. I start to cry. He does, too.

"Annie, I'm so sorry. So, so sorry."

"Its not your fault Finnick." I say.

He pulls away and grabs my shoulders. "Let's go to your house before anyone catches us here" I agree, and we run across the street to my house.

We go right upstairs and in to my bedroom. As we lay down, he comes close to me, unlike last night. He also puts his arms around me. Then we just lay there. After awhile, I start to shiver.

"Are you cold?" he asks. I nod, and he takes his shirt off. I come close to him and put my hand on his chest, feeling the warmth. This is perfect. It really is perfect.

But when you live in a place like Panem, things that are perfect don't last for long.

Please vote and comment! I'll update soon:3