Chapter Eighteen

Mark stayed until he was needed no longer. He stayed with Sean for what felt like hours, though he only stayed with him for one hour.

When Mark left, leaving Sean alone for a short bit, Sparrow walked into the room and sat next to him on the floor where he still lay.

"C'mere," Sparrow said, motioning for Sean to lay on her lap.

He moved so that his head rested on her thighs. He faced away from her though.

She played with his hair a bit, and leaned down to kiss his cheek.

"I was so worried about you," She said, "I thought something was going to happen. I texted Mark as soon as you left the kitchen. He was close by. He was actually going to check up on you."

"Oh," Sean said.

"You don't want to die, Sean," Sparrow said, her voice becoming a bit shaky as her words continued, "I've been there. I know what you're going through."

"Do you really?" Sean asked, "I don't think anyone could feel this pain that I feel. It's growing so strong. I want to die."

"Shut up," Sparrow said, "Stop talking like that, Sean."

"No," Sean said, "It's true. You wouldn't even care if I was gone."

"Yes I would," Sparrow said, "You mean everything to me. I'm your girlfriend for a reason. I moved in with you for a reason. I came back for a reason. That reason is you, Sean. I love you."

"I don't love me."

"I want to teach you how to love yourself," Sparrow said, "You're amazing, Sean. You just don't see it."

"I'm the worst person I know. I hate myself with every being inside of me."

Sparrow sighed, letting a few tears drip down her face, "I love everything about you. You make me so happy, Sean. I want you to always remember that."

"It's hard to see myself in a positive way. It's so hard."

"I know," Sparrow said, "It's gonna be hard, but life isn't supposed to be easy. Life is a challenge from the very start. You're going to be faced with problems everyday, but it's okay. You're always gonna be okay. I'll make sure of that."

"I'm not going to be okay. You're just going to leave."

"I'm not going to leave, and even if I do, you'll always be a part of me. I don't want to leave you. You're giving me no reason to want to leave. Just don't do anything you'll regret if I do end up leaving," Sparrow said.

"You don't love me."

"Why would I still be here if I didn't?" She asked, "Why didn't I just give up on you? I love you. So much."

"I don't believe you."

"Well you better start believing," Sparrow sniffled, "In yourself, and in me, 'cause I'm gonna be here for a while."

Sean stayed silent that time, letting out quiet sobs every few seconds.

Sparrow played with his hair again, until he was calm enough to fall asleep. When he was asleep, Sparrow - somehow - moved him to the bed, and put him under the covers. She left the room and went to the kitchen to make dinner that Sean was sure to eat when he woke up.

{*****}

Sean woke up about a half an hour later, wiping his eyes free of dried tears.

He stood up and went to the kitchen, finding Sparrow finishing cooking something that smelled amazing.

He couldn't eat it though. He'd gain weight. He didn't want to gain weight.

"Sean!" She said when she noticed him there. She walked over to him and hugged him.

He hugged her back.

"You're hungry. I can tell," She said when they pulled away, "So I made this for you. I'm not leaving your side until you finish at least one serving. It's almost done."

"I'm not hung-"

"Bullshit," Sparrow cut him off, "Come on, we're not arguing about this. You're eating it and that's that."

So Sean sat down at the table with a defeated expression on his face. When Sparrow was done cooking, she gave Sean a plate with the food on it.

She sat across the table with her own plate a few seconds later, "Go on," She said, a giddy smile on her face.

Sean picked up his fork and looked at the food in front of him. It looked good, and there wasn't much on the plate. Enough to fill him up at least.

Sean took a bite of his food, and after that bite, he ate quickly. He didn't realize how hungry he'd been until he ate.

Sparrow was so happy. She was grinning and her hands were clasped together, as if she had stopped halfway through a clap.

He finished that plate a little bit after his bites slowed, savoring the taste.

He got up and got two more servings after that.

He'd never felt more proud of himself for months.

/a/n you guys rock.