Chapter Fourteen

/a/n emily is very obsessed with writing this story/

Mark woke up and Sean was still there. He was surprised. It was about nine p.m. and Sean was just on his phone.

"Hi," Mark said, his voice extremely raspy, both from crying so much and just waking up.

"Oh, hey," Sean said, locking his phone and setting it on the table, "How'd you sleep?"

"Alright," Mark said, "Thank you."

"For what?" Sean asked.

"For saving my life," Mark said, "I didn't know you cared that much."

"Of course I care, Mark," Sean smiled, "You're my friend."

"Tom would be so mad at me if he was still here," Mark chuckled, "I tried to kill myself once before he died, then the other one was after. He's the one that found me. He was so scared that I was dead, because I was asleep from taking the pills. When I woke up he was so relieved and he hugged me so tightly. He said, 'You idiot, I thought you were gone. Don't do that to me ever again.' I was such a mess," Mark said.

"Wow," Sean said, "I tried to kill myself once, too. I forgot to lock the door and I struggled to take off the cap of the bottle of pills. Sparrow found me right as I got the cap off, then they went flying everywhere and I tried to pick them up, but she held me until I calmed down."

"Don't kill yourself. Don't even try," Mark said strictly, "You are important."

"You are too," Sean said, "I believe in you. You can get better. But, I've gotta get going. I was only supposed to be gone for an hour. Sparrow's probably worried sick."

"Okay," Mark said, "I'm still really tired, so... thank you."

"You're welcome, Mark. Stay strong," He said.

Sean left Mark's room and slowly closed the door.

He then went into the bathroom and rid it of anything that could potentially hurt Mark. He got rid of the pills and razors, along with a couple other sharp objects.

Then Sean left and walked back home.

{*****}

"Where were you?" Sparrow asked the second Sean walked through the door.

He took the prescription paper out of his pocket and showed her, "Therapy. I've been diagnosed with depression."

"You have a therapist? Why didn't you tell me?" She asked.

"I thought you'd be upset with me for whatever reason," Sean said.

"Also, what is that on your shirt?" Sparrow said, referring to Sean's messy shirt from Mark spitting out the pills.

Sean sighed.

"Are you cheating on me?" Sparrow asked

"What the fuck?!" Sean said, "No!"

"What the fuck is on your shirt then?!"

"Vomit!" He yelled, "My friend almost committed suicide."

"I don't believe you," She said, "I should've known you were cheating on me this whole time."

"I'm not cheating on you!" He screamed, "I met Mark at therapy a few weeks ago. We hung out a couple times, and today he didn't show up for his own therapy session. I texted him and he said he was sorry for whatever reason, and I knew what he was going to do, so I went to his apartment and prevented him from killing himself. He went to sleep and wanted me to stay with him, so I did."

"What did you do when you were 'staying with him'?" She said, "Are you fucking serious? You're cheating on me with a guy."

"He's my best friend! Why can't you just trust me?!" Sean yelled, "I'm not cheating on you! My friend would be dead if I didn't help."

"Prove it," She said.

"How," He said, "How could I possibly prove that to you."

She just looked at him.

"Well it looks like we're going to be walking in the dark."

{*****}

When they got to his apartment, Jack walked in. The door was still unlocked.

"Mark?" He called. Sparrow awkwardly stood in the living room area, "He must be asleep," Sean said, "Stay there."

He then went up the stairs and knocked on Mark's bedroom door. He heard a groan in response.

Sean opened the door, "It's me."

"Hi, Sean," Mark said, "Why are you here? I mean... I'm happy you're here, I'm just wondering why you're here..."

"Yeah," Sean chuckled, "Well, my girlfriend is accusing me of cheating because I was gone for so long, so she told me to prove I wasn't cheating, so I brought her here, is that alright?"

Mark nodded and got out of bed. He was still in his jeans and t-shirt. He grabbed his glasses off of the table and put them on.

Sean went down the stairs a bit, "He's coming."

"Okay," Sparrow said.

Mark walked down the stairs with Sean in front of him, "Here he is."

"Hi, I'm Mark," He said, reaching his arm out to shake Sparrow's hand, "You must be Sparrow. Sean's told me plenty about you."

"Yeah," Sparrow said, "That's me."

"Do you want to tell her what happened?" Sean asked.

Mark nodded, "So I was just going about my day, scrolling through Facebook or whatever, and then I decided to go out and go to the store. A couple of people called me some things, mean names. It was people I was in high school with, college even. I dropped out when my brother died. But they called me some things and said that my brother was a piece of shit and that it was good that he died. I started crying and they laughed at me. Immature, I know, but it hurt. I went home and thought about Tom, my brother, and then I realized that I was the problem. I was just scum on the earth and that I was better dead, then I got a text from Sean, asking me where I was, and I said sorry. Then I locked myself in the bathroom and took about five minutes to find the sleeping pills. I was about to open it when I heard footsteps from the hallway, and I heard my apartment door open, then I heard Sean call my name, and soon he was outside of the bathroom door, telling me not to. I put the pills in my mouth and Sean kicked the door open. Right when I was about to swallow the pills he made me spit them out. I calmed down and then Sean brought me to my bed. I asked him to stay, and he laid with me and stayed with me until I woke up around nine p.m."

Mark at this point was crying really hard. Sean hugged him and gave Sparrow a look.

"I..." Sparrow started, "I'm so sorry."

/a/n Yo, flibbity pibbities. How goes it?

I'm so obsessed with writing this, oh my god.

This was my fourth update in the span of two days, so I hope you guys are happy.

I'm actually inspired for once in my life so... yeah...

If you liked this chapter, punch that vote button in the face, like a boss!

And as always, I will see you, in the next chapter.

Bye-bye! :D