Chapter Four

Sean woke up first, holding Sparrow very close to himself.

He jumped, letting her go. She awoke, caused by the sudden movements.

A sudden blush crept onto Sean's cheeks, "S-Sorry... I forgot that you came in here last night so I was startled when I woke up."

"Oh," Sparrow said, chuckling slightly, "It was a pretty rough wake up call... but it's alright."

"That's good," He said.

"Yeah," She laughed awkwardly, "I guess we should get up now?"

"I guess," Sean said, "I'll make us breakfast if you want."

"That'd be great, actually," She said, "I'm going to get dressed."

Sean nodded as she left the room. He put on a shirt and jeans, then left the room. His phone was in his hand, of course.

He went to the kitchen and started making bacon. Sparrow came downstairs just as he had finished cooking.

"Yo," She said, "What's shakin' bacon?"

Sean laughed at her bad pun, "You did not just say that."

"Oh but I did," She giggled, "Gimme some of that food."

"Get your own," Sean said playfully.

"Nah," She said before grabbing a plate and getting her own food, "The only reason I'm doing this is because I'm hungry."

Sean poked his tongue out at Sparrow. She laughed.

After the two had gotten their food and sat down to eat, Sparrow said, "Thank you."

"Why are you thanking me?" Sean asked.

"For letting me sleep with you last night. I really appreciate it. It was the best I've slept for a long time," Sparrow said.

"Oh," He smiled, "I'm glad I could help."

"You really did help," She said, "I have anxiety. That keeps me awake a lot. It's annoying. Being with you just kind of makes my insecurities go away, and makes me forget everything bad. I only think of good things when I'm around you, and you're my best friend, and you make me happy. Thank you for being my friend."

"You're welcome," He said shyly, "You're my best friend too, and you've helped me through a lot of things. Reyna was a big part of my life and when she died, she took a huge chunk of my heart with her. When I met you, you filled some of the giant hole in my heart, so there's only a little cavity now, but we all have cavities in our hearts, don't we?"

"I couldn't have said it better myself," Sparrow said with a smile.

{*****}

Sparrow and Sean were just lounging around the house the rest of the day. They were a couple of lazy bones. (a/n Sorry about the reference xD I couldn't help it).

But around eight at night, they left to go for a walk.

It was decently dark, as it was autumn, and they went to the park.

"I want to stay outside forever," Sparrow said, "This is wonderful."

"I agree," Sean said, "This is great."

"You know what I find baffling?"

"What?"

"How much one person can impact your entire life," Sparrow said, staring directly at Sean, "The short month and a half that I've known you has been quite possible the best month and a half of my adult life."

"Really? Th-That means so much to me," Sean said, a genuine smile upon his face.

"I mean it, Sean," Sparrow said, "I love you."

"I love you too, Sparrow," He smiled, "You're the best friend I've had in a long, long time."

"No," She shook her head, "I love, love you."

/a/n yo
today was the shittiest day ever lmao

sorry for accidentally publishing this chapter twice. wattpad updated so it changed the orientation of writing a bit, so they made saving more difficult and publishing more obvious, so i accidentally publish it all the time

well if you liked this chapter, punch that vote button in the face like a boss!

and as always, i will see you in the next chapter.

bye-bye!
btw 666 words

(also dedicated to @masky101)