Chapter One

Exactly a year after Reyna's death, Sean visited her grave.

He sat in the grass, staring at the headstone as he hummed her favorite song that he had learned to love. Her favorite song was actually You Are My Sunshine.

After he was finished with the familiar tune he stood up and walked home. He'd never gotten his license. He figured it was less dangerous and cheaper to just walk instead of drive.

In the year following Reyna's death, Sean went out to drink quite often as a way to cope with it. Naturally, it didn't help at all, but Sean felt as if it did.

That day passed quite quickly, and when it was later, Sean went to the bar he was well aquatinted with.

He stepped inside and went to the bar to sit down at a barstool. He ordered his usual drink and waited.

Once he got his drink, the bartender talked to him.

"Here again, Sean?"

"Yeah," Sean sighed.

"You've been drinking a lot. Hey, don't beat yourself up over it. It was a while ago, and you ain't done nothing wrong. It ain't your fault, Seanzie-boy," He said.

"Thanks," Sean replied, "I'm just dealing with a lot of stress and... I don't know..."

"You'll be just fine," He said, rubbing Sean's shoulder just as three people group came inside.

"Hey, I got work to do. I'll talk to ya in a bit."

"Alright," Sean said. The three people that were there sat at the bar. Next to Sean was a girl who looked to be in her mid or early twenties, while Sean was twenty-six.

The other two were a girl and a boy, looking to be nearly the same age as the one right next to himself. They looked to be a couple, excluding their friend to the point where she greeted herself to Sean.

"I'm Sparrow," She said.

"Sean," He answered.

"Nice to meet you," She gave him a small smile.

"You too," He agreed, taking a sip of his drink.

"How old are you, Sean?" She asked him, seeming partially interested.

"Twenty-six," He answered, "And yourself?"

"Twenty-three."

Sean nodded and it was quiet again.

"Those are my friends next to me. They're together," Sparrow said, "The girl's Meadow, and the other is Dax. They're inseparable. I hang out with them a lot, and lately they've been tending to third wheel me quite a bit."

"I'm sorry," He said.

"So.." She trailed off, going into a seemingly different topic, "Any reason you're at a bar all by yourself? Your girl cheat on you?"

"I'm single actually," He said.

"Oh, were you broken up with then?" She questioned.

"I guess you could say that," He said, "My heart got broken up into a million pieces."

"What happened?" She asked again.

"My wife died a year ago. I still haven't recovered."

"I..." Sparrow said, "I'm... so sorry, Sean."

"It's alright," He said, "There's nothing anyone could do about it. She was sick. It wasn't her fault either."

"At least you're trying to look on the positive side," She said, "Whenever I go through a loss I always blame myself and think negatively."

"Yeah," Sean replied, "It doesn't get any better. It gets worse. It's lonely without your significant other. We didn't have any kids, so I can't have those to keep me company. It's so lonely."

Then a pair of arms were wrapped around Sean. He hugged Sparrow back.

When they separated, Sean felt something. Something he hadn't felt since the previous year.

A small blush creeped onto his cheeks, and he swore he saw one on Sparrow's cheeks as well.

"Give me your phone," Sparrow said.

"Why?" Sean questioned, becoming protective of his phone.

"To swap numbers, silly," She said, a small giggle escaping her lips.

"Oh," Sean let out a small laugh, handing Sparrow his phone.

She typed on it and then handed it back.

"I'll text you later with my name so you'll know it's me," She smiled.

"Thank you," He chuckled, "Thanks for letting me vent to you about everything I've kind of kept to myself."

"You're welcome," She laughed, "It's no problem at all."

"I've got to get going," Sean said, "Thanks again. I'll text you later!"

"Alright," Sparrow smiled, giving Sean a quick hug.

They separated, and Sean waved as he walked out the door, a huge smile on his lips.

/a/n YO

wASSUP, MY FLIBBITY PIBBITIES

yeh i stole dat from merkimer (markimoo)

sorry for my weirdness

bye-bye! :)