Pray for Plagues

Chapter Eight: Pray for Plagues

KARA

Emma agreed to meet me for cake and coffee the next day to discuss getting me back on the dating scene. I was surprised how fast she agreed, I half expected her to talk me out of it saying something along the lines of 'you'd be better off with Oli'. But after hearing me out she'd set herself the challenge to find me someone special.

"Do you trust me to find you someone perfect Kara?"

I nod at my best girlfriend and take a sip of coffee.

"I trust you, Emma, besides if I could set you up with Jordan then I'm expecting great things in return."

"Wow, so no pressure then Kara."

I laugh and we continue to talk about what I wanted in a guy. Maybe a change would do me good.

EMMA

After Kara explained to me that she needed Oli to decide what he wanted because she couldn't wait around for him anymore, I understood then and there that I needed to find her someone perfect. In my mind, I had a handful of potential partners but would run them by Jordan for a final opinion because I know he cares about Kara's happiness and wellbeing as much as I do.

Opening the front door of the house we share I bump into Oli who looked like he was just leaving and in some sort of rush.

"Oh hey Oli, what are you doing here?"

He scratches the back of his head nervously; he was trying to think up a reason for visiting Jordan when they only had a band meeting not so long ago. Luckily for him, Jordan pops up behind him.

"Hi, babe how was your morning with Kara? Oli was here talking about music but now he's leaving."

There was definitely something fishy going on with the two of them, there was no real reason Oli and Jordan needed an individual meeting to discuss music. A small part of me had a feeling it was something to do with a certain girl we all had in common, Kara. The only way to prove my theory was to test the water.

"It was great we had coffee and cake, oh and I'm setting her up with one of my friends who is perfect for her. I actually need to call him so I'll let you boys say goodbye. It was nice seeing you again Oli."

Both Oli and Jordan reacted to my news. Jordan's eyes widen and he mouths 'we need to talk' while Oli shuffles nervously on the spot looking visibly upset. So this meeting was about Kara, Jordan and I would most definitely be talking about this.

JORDAN

Emma sure knew how to drop a bombshell. Oli was over to talk about him dumping Hannah and trying to get with Kara, but now Emma had thrown a spanner in the works. I needed to talk to her and explain the situation so that we could work together to get Oli and Kara together.

"I'll talk to Emma; we'll get you the girl Oli."

Oli simply nods before leaving, he'd shown me the messages off Kara and I understood where she was coming from about not wanting to hurt the band or the fans. But sometimes you needed to be a little selfish when it comes to love.

I found Emma in the living room on her laptop so I sat down next to her and she smiles up at me with a knowing look in her eyes.

"Emma we need to talk about your plan to set Kara up with one of your friends."

"Go ahead Jordan; I saw how upset Oli looked. He really does love Kara doesn't he?"

I nod and she sighs before putting her laptop down.