Xmas Bonus Chapter Part 1

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
This is a little Christmas present given to you all who miss Badie as much as I do;(
And there will be 1 or 2 more parts after this, depending on how long they will be.

Also this is who I imagine plays Bash and his Instagram username. His real name is Stephen James and he's hot as all hell XD
...

There's something about the Christmas holiday that makes me want to douse everyone in gasoline and eggnog. Maybe it's the grumpy people at the mall, maybe it's the horrible driving conditions, maybe it's the realization that I have to go back to school in one week or maybe, just maybe, it's that I'm going to see my Mom for the first time in two years.

Oh and she's bringing Victor, aka, the man she left her entire family for.

So fine maybe Christmas with my Dad for the past two years hasn't been great either, the tensions between him, Nathan, and Bash are always intolerable but I figured it would be heaven compared to when Mom visits.

Actually I never thought the day would come when my Mom would spend another Christmas with all of us again, my Dad none the less, but my parents are trying to make amends. Especially since my baby nephew was just born last month and Nick is their first grandchild. No matter what might be between my parents right now no one can deny that becoming grandparents together is more important than a feud.

So that is why my Dad became the bigger man and invited Mom (and Victor) to the States to spend Christmas with us all, as if we're one giant happy family.

I will admit that I have missed my Mom even though we talk at least twice a month, as much as my busy schedule will allow. But I miss more than her voice, I miss her Christmas cookies, I miss her hugs, I miss the smell of her perfume which always made me feel safe. But I do not miss how she walked out on us.

If it were up to me I wouldn't have come home from New York for the holiday, I would have gladly spent it holed up in my flat with my roommates and Bash.

Bash.

I look over to the other side of the taxi where Bash is resting his head against the window. I would have thought he was asleep if he weren't continuously rubbing my hand with his thumb.

I knew his flight was long and exhausted but he still won't tell me where he was stationed. Confidential and all that. We were lucky enough to land at the airport each from our different planes within an hour of each other. It was me that landed first, I could only imagine that if Bash landed first he would have fell asleep and would never have woken up. I don't think I've ever seen him so exhausted before.

I'm just happy to have him home with me again, even if it's only for a week and he's back out on deployment. But by then I'll be back at school which will take up most of my time to distract me from the horrid thoughts running through my head of what could be happening to him across the world.

"Stop doing that," he mumbles, not bothering to open his eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Stop staring at me," he grumbles, "It's creepy."

"It's romantic," I correct.

"Creepy."

"Romantic."

Bash opens one bright blue to gaze at me and once again I'm taken back by how outright beautiful he is. I've missed getting lost in those baby blues of his. "You're beautiful," he says, as if reading my mind.

"I've missed you."

"You have no idea Blondie," he murmurs, closing his eyes once again. I know he's tired so I let him rest for the next twenty minutes until we pull up to my Dad's new house. I spent the summer in it but the size of it still shocks me as we park in the circular driveway. Apparently my Dad had a lot of money saved up that he never let show so after the divorce he sold our house and got a new one that just so happened to be three times bigger. It has seven bedrooms, five baths, a four car garage, a hot tub, three acres of trees surrounding each side of the house, and three stories.