21: This Hurt

A photo of Sadie above played by the lovely Cara Delevingne!

This Hurt

My stomach is a bundle of nerves as the bell rings for the beginning of Physics . I try my hardest not to stare at the door but I find it impossible when Ms. Richet begins her notes on kinetic energy and Lucas has still not walked into the class.

It's the first time I've seen him since he kissed me on Saturday even though it's Tuesday but he didn't come to school yesterday. I figured it was because he was sick or something but in all honesty I knew it wasn't that; Lucas rarely ever skips school, even when he's sick. He came to school in the eighth grade when he had pink eye; gross I know but it shows he's dedicated to school. Funny since he has horrible grades in almost all his classes.

"Sadie, are you okay?" Mary Jane nudges my arm gently, bringing my thoughts back to the topic of pressure and away from Lucas.

I look at the clock and notice that it's already ten minutes into the class. "Yeah, I'm fine," I tell her even though I feel anything but.

...

Lucas comes the next day for science (He comes in late and slips out early) but he's missing in gym and history. He then misses the next day of school altogether, so the next time I see him is on Friday when he walks into science late with his head down.

"Mr. Favero, glad you could join us today," Ms. Ritchet says from the front of the room. It's obvious that she's annoyed by his random absences. I wonder how his grades are doing now.

My eyes follow his track to his seat in the farthest corner of the room and all I keep thinking is 'please look at me, please look at me.'

He never does.

"Sorry Ms. Ritchet," he mumbles before dropping into his seat next to a curious Jake who immediately starts to fire questions at him.

"Can we save the interrogation for later gentlemen," snapped Ms. Richet who's patience for the day was wearing thin.

The boys stop talking or more like Jake does because I haven't seen Lucas answer even one of his questions.

"Sadie," Mary Jane hisses beside me.

I turn to her. "What?"

Her eyes look behind me to Lucas and her face shows her worry. "You need to focus."

I nod my head but still let my eyes wander back to Lucas who is staring intently at the table in front of him. "I know."

...

I know I look like a stalker right now but I can't help it. I need to catch Lucas alone and it's already the end of the day. Somehow he has managed to slip through my fingers throughout the whole day. If I didn't know better I would think he was avoiding me.

I mean really, does he need to speed walk and dodge people in the hallways as I walk behind him?

I don't know who looks more insane, me or him.

The kiss from Saturday keeps replaying in my mind over and over again. The soft feel of his lips, the gentleness of his hands on my cheek.

I need to ask him what happened that day. I might be too curious for my own good but I've been going insane lately because of this.

And they say girls are confusing.

My phone buzzes in my pocket and I briefly take it out to read a text sent from Bash.

'Going to pretend to be a bad girl again this weekend? ;)'

I don't bother to reply to his teasing text message as I weave through the parking lot filled with teenagers eager to leave for the weekend. My top priority is to get some answers from Lucas because it's obvious that he won't come to me on his own.

I nearly lose him in the crowd of people but I spot his dark brown hair and pale blue shirt (that really brings out his eyes, might I add) amongst the chaos.

As I get closer to him and as he gets closer to his car, hope finally blooms in me. I can corner him then as he slides into the seat or starts the car. I just have to pick up the pace a...

My heart stops beating in my chest and my feet stop on their own accord as I take in the sight in front of me. Leaning against Lucas's car, the same one I rode in six days ago, the same one he kissed me in, is Lucy Pratt.

Of course.

Her smile is breathtakingly white and her hair is curled into perfection while I didn't even bother to put mine in a ponytail this morning. She looks like a model for Sports Illustrated as she leans her tall silhouette against the shiny car. Long tan legs, sexy looking eyes, secret telling smirk, and boobs that are pushed towards the heavens.

Is she trying to look seductive?

Because Lucy Pratt is not one to show herself off as she is now but apparently Lucas, nor any of the male population around her seem to remember. They all look like dogs with their jaws hanging open and drool dripping from their tongues.

Lucas even stops walking to rake his eyes up and down his girlfriends body.

Girlfriend.

How could I be so stupid! Lucas has a girlfriend! A beautiful one that is now practically serving herself to him on a silver platter.

Tears sting my eyes and I spin around, heading for my own car before I can see anything else.

All the while home I chastise myself and curse Lucas for being so stupid and irresistible and unattainable. Not once did I think about Lucy or the obvious love he has for her this week.

God, Lucas isn't even mine and he's already messing with my head and heart.

...

The sun starts to tuck under the covers of the night, something I should be doing too right now. But instead I gather up all the courage I have in me and do something I have been trying to get myself to do for the past two hours.

I send Bash the quick text saying:

'Any plans tonight?'

'Asking me on a date, are we now ;)'

'More like I need to forget everything that happened today.'

'Do you need my help or alcohol's help?'

'Whichever one will do the job better.'

A couple minutes pass by without a reply by Bash and I start to feel that this was a bad idea. He'll only make fun of me.

My phone buzzes finally and I jump to read it.

'Challenge accepted. Party tonight at my buddy's, I'll pick you up at eight.'

Not really what I was thinking but it's good as nothing.

'I'll see you then'

•••
1. What do you think will happen next?
2. What do you think of Lucas's reaction and the way he dealt with the kiss??
3.what do you guys think about Lucy? She's not usually like this...

Don't forget to VOTE and add to your reading list!!