60: This Drunken Confession

Be prepared...

"Baby!" Lucas sweeps me into his arms as soon as he opens the front door. I laugh as he twirls us around on his front porch.

"Lucas put me down," I laugh, "I'm wearing a dress, I think I'm flashing all your neighbors."

Lucas sets me down, his arms still wrapped tightly around my waist. "But you can only flash me," he says with an adorable pout. I'm in love with his attire, a wine red sweater over tan pants with black vans. He really knows how to dress, but then again anything looks good on him .

"Exactly why I don't want to flash all your neighbors."

"I see." He leans down to give me a sweet kiss, something that I'm still not used to.

"Let's go inside," I murmur before he kisses me again. "You're parents are probably peeking out the window Lucas," I say breathlessly.

Eventually he pulls away, only after I'm flushed and wanting more. "You're probably right," he sighs in disappointment. He takes my hand and prepares to open his front door. "Ready to have a horrible night?"

"Lucas," I scold before he opens the door and ushers us in.

"Sadie is that you?" Grace calls from the kitchen.

"No Ma," Lucas hollers back, "it's my other girlfriend, Stacy. You're getting confused."

Grace appears in the entry way, a bright smile on her face and an apron over her nice and ironed dress.

"Sadie sweetie," she exclaims, pulling me into a tight hug. "It's so good to see you! Excuse my boy for being such a-"

"Outstanding, handsome, wonderful, amazing man?" Lucas finishes for her, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me to his side as much as he can.

"Sure honey," she teases. Turning to me she says with utmost sincerity, "Thank you so much for doing this for me tonight. It means the world to me."

"I'm happy to," I assure, planting a hand on Lucas's chest and leaning into him. Grace admires us with a warm smile and wet eyes. "Do you need help with dinner or anything?"

"Oh no," she waves me off. "I have dinner set, why don't you just keep the boys entertained in the family room?"

"I would be happy to," I smile and let Lucas lead me away to the adjacent room where his father is sitting in an arm chair in front of the lit fire place.

"Sadie," David Favero greets, standing up from his seat. He adjusts his suit as he stands, smoothing out the winkles and straightening his tie.

"Hello Mr. Favero," I say with a polite smile. "Thank you for having me."

David hesitates, analyzing his sons hand on the small of my back. "My pleasure."

Since I've started dating Lucas I've had to see his father a lot more than I would prefer. Not only when I look at him do I imagine a drunk version of him and small and beaten Bash next to him, but I also remember what he did to me and Lucas in hopes of getting a raise from my father. Well I hope he knows that my Dad won't ever give him a raise just because I'm dating his son, and if he were I would tell my Dad exactly what his motives are.

But I think David has realized this, how I don't know, but he hasn't spoken about my Dad once nor his work.

I hear a rumbling noise behind me, feet tumbling down the stairs faster than what's considered safe. I know who it is before I turn around partly because I figure it can't be anyone else and because Lucas stiffens beside me.

"Blondie," his voice fills the otherwise silent room.

I slowly turn around, ready to give him a polite and appropriate greeting but am shocked into silence. Before me is not Bash, it's an alien who abducted him and is trying to pretend to be him but is failing miserably.