This Secret I Keep

Sorry it's shorter than what I promised... It just wasn't right to combine this chapter and next together. But the next one will be long and interesting ;)
Enjoy anyways and please vote!!

The above song is "Angels and Demons" by Cris Cab. Please check it out because it works perfectly for this relationship!

Twenty seven minutes.

That's how long I stare at Bash in the morning when I wake up. I drink in every single detail about him, his dark brown hair, the locus tattoo creeping up his neck, the lines of his face, the curves of his eyelids, the length of his eyelashes, the way he looks so at peace when he sleeps.

This is how he should look all the time, peaceful and content.

The kiss replays in my mind over and over and over again. The feel of his lips against mine, the unexplainable feeling in the pit of my stomach, the way I wanted to hold on to him and never let him go.

I think about Lucas too until the guilt consumes me so much that tears start to fill my eyes. How could I have done this to him? Why didn't I push Bash away? What the hell am I going to do? Seeking comfort I creep back into Bash's arms, against my better judgment. He tightens his arms around me and doesn't let go until the sun rises.

When it does I'm faced with the insurmountable task of getting Bash out of my house before my Mom comes in to wake me up, which is in twenty minutes.

"Bash," I whisper, shaking his shoulder lightly. He doesn't even stir.

"Bash," I say louder, shaking his shoulder harder.

He squeezes his eyes shut before letting them open. He blinks three times, his eyes on me, before he finally speaks up.

"Blondie," he says sleepily.

"You need to wake up. My mom will be in here soon." I stand up from the bed and start to rip the blankets from his body, hoping it will get him out sooner.

He doesn't react when the cold air hits him, instead he causally sits up and looks around the room then down to his attire, then back up to me.

"What am I doing here?"

My body freezes, the blankets in my arms fall back onto the bed. "Are you still drunk?"

He looks at me confused. "No I'm not," he says quietly, "but I have a killer hangover. God damn I don't think I've ever drank that much before." He rubs his forehead with an aching expression.

"Bash," I say softly, hoping my voice doesn't break. "What do you remember from last night?"

He finally looks up to me and he doesn't hesitate to say, "All I remember is stealing my Dad's liquor and locking myself in my room."

"You don't remember coming here last night?" I ask slowly. "Not anything from last night?"

My heart skips a beat, two, three, four. How am I still alive?

"Sadie," Bash groans, obviously irritated, "I drank my weight in tequila and whiskey and scotch, and hell I don't know what else. I drank whatever I got my hands on. I don't remember even leaving my house last night."

"Oh."

This could be good. This could be really good. It's as if the kiss never happened. It's as if he didn't confess to me last night that he's madly in love with me.

Nobody needs to know about what happened last night, not Lucas or Bash, definitely not Bash.

But still... the ground beneath my feet open up and I can see the devil standing in a pit of fire laughing at me.