This Hot Lawyer (Sarah's POV)

Sarah's POV

I have had a crush on Nathan since I was eight years old. He's four years older than me though so we never could do anything and besides he never saw me anything other than a little sister. That was until I stepped into my family's kitchen and asked why my broken down GP's car was in the driveway.

Nathan left when he was eighteen so seven years ago, when I was fourteen. Basically puberty hit me like a truck and not to mention that now since I'm twenty-one I'm at my prime. I could almost laugh at Nathan's expression when his eyes landed on me but I was too busy gawking at him.

He seems to be at his prime too. His face is clear of any acne, his big rimmed glasses are gone, his arms have grown ten sizes letting me know that there's an eighty percent chance that there are abs underneath his button up shirt as well.

I was never in love with him because I thought he was hot because he wasn't, sure he was cute but nothing compared to Ryan Gosling. Now however he could rob Mr. Gosling for everything he's worth.

So when I see him standing five feet away from me I can't help but gasp. I completely forget about Sadie's birthday and my GP's car sitting in the driveway. The only thing on my mind is Nathan in front of me.

"Sarah," he whispers with amazement.

His eyes assess me from head to toe and the only reason they break away from me is because Sadie runs between us, her hair smacking Nathan in the face. Bash and my Dad follow her out and after a knowing look from Martino he disappears as well, leaving me and Nathan alone.

"Wow," he says breathless. "You look..."

"I didn't know you would be here," I say awkwardly.

Nathan's inquiring gaze breaks away from me finally. "Um," he says, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. "Your Dad wanted me to come for Sadie's birthday. Something about her not having any friends?"

I roll my eyes but feel a tinge of pity for my little sister. "He doesn't need to go buy her friends," I grumble, "she's fully capable of making new ones."

"Well it kind of just came up actually in conversation," he rushes out. "He got a hold of me after I finished this case in New York and I knew it was Sadie's birthday coming up and he was telling me how her friends seem to be leaving her so I offered to come by since I wanted to see her anyways and you of course. I wanted to see you too."

"Nathan," I say laughing, "I never remembered you to be the rambling type."

"Me either frankly," he mutters with his face turning red.

"Well I'm glad you're back in town," I say shyly before walking out of the kitchen. I catch Martino when he comes through the front door. Before he can utter a word I grab him by the collar and drag him upstairs to my old bedroom.

"What was that for," he yells after I close the door behind us.

I squeal and tackle him to the bed, holding him tightly against me.

"You won't believe what just happened!"

"Um you realized that your best friend has a hangover so you stop holding him so tightly?"