This French Fry

Oh hey would you look at that? The power turned back on lol well I hope you enjoy it! It's not very interesting... You've been warned!

This French Fry

"Nerd!"

I turn just in time for a French fry to hit between the eyes. I rub the spot while glaring at an un amused Quinn from across the table.

"What world are you in?" She asks, clearing irritated by my tendency to zone out.

I tuck my fallen hair behind my ears. "Sorry," I blush, "I was thinking."

About a tattooed pierced rude boy who I can't seem to keep my hands off of, or mind for that matter.

Luckily Quinn seemed to be too busy with Mason herself that she didn't hear what happened in the bathroom yesterday. I don't know how I would explain that to her anyways if she asked.

"Something you've been doing a lot of today," she grunts, "Well I'm going to go smoke, you're nerd posse is heading over here and I don't want to be hit over the head with their text books and calculators.

I do my best to ignore the jab as she stands from the lunch table, grabbing another fry from my plate. "God, these are disgusting," she says with a face. Still she plops the rest of the fry into her mouth. Before she leaves she leans down to say, "Pretty Face has been staring at you for the past ten minutes." Pretty Face is Lucas's nickname given by Quinn. She seems to really like it. "Do I have to tell you that he looks like he just got back from whatever hell you're putting him through?" She leaves without an answer, her eyes holding Lucas's until she passes him.

Way to make it obvious!

His eyes find mine again and with Quinn gone, I'm left alone to be buried under his stare from one table over. It was just my luck, or his determination, that the baseball team decided to change up their seating routine today.

I haven't spoken a word to Lucas since yesterday but that doesn't mean he hasn't tried. For instance in science he came up to me, begging for me to listen to him but before I could say no, Ms. Richet yelled at him to sit down. And now he's upset the whole seating arrangements in the cafeteria just so he could sit closer to me.

Yesterday I was so sure that I was mad at him but after the bathroom break with Bash, I haven't felt the anger towards him as much as I did. My thoughts seem to be focused on one boy and that boy does not go to this school.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Lucas stand up from his table, his eyes set on me but thankfully Ella and Mary Jane arrive at our table at the same time. Defeated, Lucas sits back down with a frown etched on to his face.

"Hey guys," I greet my friends.

They sit down across from me, Ella looking like she wants to high tail it out of here and Mary Jane looking like she wants to throw her bowl of mashed potatoes in my face.

"What is it?" I ask immediately.

"It's noth-"

"Why are you still talking to her?" Mary Jane interrupts Ella which surprises both of us. I've never seen Mary so angry before and she's never spoken over someone else.

"What do you mean," I ask unsure.

Mary huffs and leans forward on the table with a piercing glare. "She's a bad person Sadie, I would think you knew better."

"You don't even know her Mary Jane," I say calmly.

She raises a perfectly arched eyebrow, (seriously who has that thin of eyebrows). "I know that she's a slut."

"Mary Jane," exclaims Ella with a shocked expression. Through all the years I've known Mary, I've never heard her cuss before.

"Don't make those accusations without evidence," I argue back. Honestly I know Quinn is rude to Mary Jane and I've been friends with Mary Jane longer but I know that Quinn is a nice person despite her appearance. Mary Jane is starting to become someone I don't recognize, rude, snarky, and over all, bitchy.

"Oh I have evidence," she muses with a smug look. "She was having sex with Phillip Kane during math yesterday."

Yesterday? Didn't she do the same thing with Mason then hours later?

Okay so maybe she does have a problem...

"Look Mary Jane," I sigh, preparing myself for a heated argument. "You don't have to like her okay? But please leave me out of it. I'm her only friend here and she hasn't done anything wrong to me."

Mary Jane looks close to tears or a rampage. She jumps up from the table, hands slamming down on the surface as she leans in close. "Fine, throw away all these years of friendship for some random new girl. I have other friends, unlike you," she sneers and walks away.

I watch in shock at Mary Jane's retreating form. Did she just break up with me?

I look to Ella for confirmation who looks back at me with concern. She slowly stands up saying, "I'm going to go after her. You're okay right?"

I nod my head not really knowing if I am or not.

Minutes after they leave their spots are taken by none other than Lucas.

Oh great.

"Sadie..." he begins to say with a vulnerable face.

Unconsciously I know that the baseball team is looking at us with curiosity and soon I know they will put two and two together.

"Don't," I say softly, standing up from the table. "I can't do this right now Lucas, I'm sorry." I gather up my stuff and before he can reply I run out of the cafeteria running in no decided direction.

Turns out I find myself at the front of the school beside Quinn who looks at me with concealed pity.

"What happened now?" She flicks the bud of the cigarette on the ground.

I groan and lean back against the brick wall. "Why does my life suddenly turn into a soap opera after seventeen years of being boring?"

"Did the nerd say something?" She lifts the light to her mouth and blows out a circle of smoke. I wonder who taught her how to do that.

Instead of answering I ask, "Did you sleep with Phillip Kane yesterday during school?"

"Is that what his name was? I was calling him Patrick."

I look at her with a dumbstruck look which she eventually catches on to.

"Hey don't look at me like that. He might be a dumb jock but he's hot as hell."

"I'm not judging," I say.

"I didn't say you were." She gives me a pointed look before flinging her cigarette to the ground, smearing it with her black boots.

"I just thought there was something going on between you and Mason."

"Mason will shag anything with two sets of lips. Why do you think he was so mad at you yesterday? You were the first girl to reject him which by the way he hasn't gotten over yet, so be careful of him. But there's nothing going on between us. You need to learn that people can have sex without attachments. It's not just a wise tale."

Can Bash have sex without attachments? Can I?

A car horn honks and we both look over to see a black car idling on the curb, music blasting from inside. I assume it's Mason picking Quinn up from school which seems to be more of a boyfriendy thing to do.

I look away briefly to watch Quinn bend down to pick up her bag. "See ya later Nerd." She fiddles her fingers and I follow her silhouette as she towards the car. When she gets closer the window rolls down to reveal Bash sitting in the driver's seat, not Mason.

Quinn blows him a kiss which he responds with a middle finger in the air and a smile. A smile he's never given me before.

He spots me eventually and only gives me a bored look before speeding out of the parking lot.

As the car fades into the distance I feel something shift inside of me, but I have yet to know what it is. Whatever it is, it doesn't make me feel good.